Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
30-08-2010, 12:48 PM   #1

Beautiful Bank holiday Monday

Fabulous day here, hot and sunny.
Been car booting this morning and brought back lots of vintage toys. Will need to do some research to find out exactly what i've got.
Going to do some holiday washing and maybe cut the grass.
Our neighbours Cats have to live outdoors and used to come into our house before we got Malaika.
I put a cardboard box lined with newspaper under our outside porch and one of the cats sleeps in this. Yesterday i found an old fur rug and put that in. Must admit she does look nice and cozy in the box. Have put a second box for the other cat but she's not as keen.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
30-08-2010, 01:14 PM   #2

Re: Beautiful Bank holiday Monday

Hi Shelley and all. Fab day here too, so made the most of the good weather to cut the lawn and tidy around the patio. Inside now and trying to sort out our weekly tablet tubs for both of us. Have got washing to put out later and then the ironing from yesterday to put away after airing. No plans to go far, the traffic will be enough to put me off!
Hope to see the grandson and family later as they have returned from their holiday so will catch up on their news.

Kind of you to supply a nest for next doors cat Shelley, as the night time temp drops I bet he'll be glad of the fur rug too!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
30-08-2010, 02:36 PM   #3

It's really quite chilly here today and not as sunny as I was expecting. Cats are curled up indoors, Morgan potters around following me from place to place. OH is out at a friend's near Alton, he and another ex-colleague are at the "official" opening of his observatory (shouldn't this be at night?) Said friend lives in the country so doesn't suffer from light pollution, I can see OH wanting to spend lots of time there in the future.

Other than that it's just an ordinary day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
30-08-2010, 03:19 PM   #4

Nice and sunny here. Took my daughter to East Midlands, airport first thing as she is going to Berlin for a few days with a friend. OH has cut the lawn and I have done a bit of tidying up in the garden. Now swapping my son and daughters room over and son is now living in Australia - he is home for a month on 17 Dec - can't wait!!!

It is unusual for such good weather on a bank holiday - hope everyone enjoys their day. Back to work at school tomorrow for me

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-08-2010, 04:13 PM   #5

Gorgeous here too. 28 C (82 F), sunny and low humidity; will make the low thirties all week; great for us heat lovers! No errand day so the usual lie-in, hoovering, etc. Need to water the outside pots as it's been so dry recently.

Nice that the weather is co-operating for the bank holiday, it so often doesn't. Enjoy it!

Anyone heard from Mags? Is she back?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
30-08-2010, 05:24 PM   #6

Gorgeous day here. The office I was working in was v uncomfortable with the heat. Even now the sky is blue, there's no wind and it's 17c.

Chooks are out sunbathing. Cutty Sark has her wings spread out each side - looks like she's trying to make herself as flat as possible.

Kittens have decided this is climbing week - oh dear!

Other than that not a lot happening. Did have an inkling to cut the grass but that seems to have gone now.

Enjoy the day peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-08-2010, 05:28 PM   #7

Well I am home, been to work today.
The weather has been good too. Almost unkown for a bank holiday I agree.

Come home to pork & cider with apples...casserole. Yummy.

Just catching up with the posts.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
30-08-2010, 06:35 PM   #8

Evening all.

Did a bit of housework this morning and then drove my mum to lakeside to get an early christmas present for my dad - he really liked my camera at the week of the wedding and mum decided to get him one, but they have a new model out - so she decided to get that - the best price was a Best Buy in Lakeside as they had £50 off the RRP and then a further 20% off and she can also claim a £30 cashback so she has saved nearly £200.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-08-2010, 07:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Gorgeous here too. 28 C (82 F), sunny and low humidity; will make the low thirties all week;
Anyone heard from Mags? Is she back?
Yes, I'm back! We had a great time! We left Florida at 4.05pm yesterday, landed 5.35am and arrived home 7.15 this morning.
The weather was a bit of a shock after temperatures of 94 - 96º for two weeks!

Went to bed for a couple of hours and then tackled the washing

Lots of catching up to do on here now!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-08-2010, 08:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
Evening all.

Did a bit of housework this morning and then drove my mum to lakeside to get an early christmas present for my dad - he really liked my camera at the week of the wedding and mum decided to get him one, but they have a new model out - so she decided to get that - the best price was a Best Buy in Lakeside as they had £50 off the RRP and then a further 20% off and she can also claim a £30 cashback so she has saved nearly £200.

Thats excellent value Emma, I knew someone would start the Christmas shopping
and thought it might have to be me.