Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-06-2010, 08:13 PM   #1

Stray cat - "Squiffy"

This is the cat that I've posted about. We call him "Squiffy" because of his ears. Today he seems better, his coat actually has a bit of a shine. He is friendly and talkative but we can't let him in the house, although he keeps trying to get in, because he has sprayed on two occasions and he is entire. I am still feeding him, but honestly think either he has found a new home or other people are also feeding him. He is thin, but not painfully so. He is bright. He let me pick him up this evening.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
16-06-2010, 08:16 PM   #2

Re: Stray cat - "Squiffy"

He is gorgeous - look at that look 'please just love me!'

Are you going to try a message collar?

Catsey Veteran

16-06-2010, 08:21 PM   #3

One of my neighbours came around a couple of weeks ago asking if he'd been in our garden. She says that he is terrorising her two cats - she was on the warpath to try and find out who owned him! I think I'll ask her first if she found out anything. I won't let on that I'm feeding him or that he seems to get on fairly well with Kizzy - she hisses and he backs off or is indeed friendly with Pip - nose to nose today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
16-06-2010, 08:25 PM   #4

His story is so similar to my Sid. Once I decided I was going to look after him and got him to vets for 'snip' etc he was a big sop. Even managed to co exist with my Misty who was a right wee horror.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
16-06-2010, 08:31 PM   #5

Bless him, what a gorgeous boy.....someone must know him..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-06-2010, 09:35 PM   #6

What a sweet face he has ,,, and those poor ears ... he's been in the wars! I hope you can find his owner. Are your neighbors cats whole; he doesn't sound like a bully tom the way he's reacting to your two.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
16-06-2010, 09:42 PM   #7

Love the name...perfect!

Catsey Veteran

16-06-2010, 09:42 PM   #8

No - neighbours cats, brother and sister have both been done and are 13/14 years or so. Smoky Joe is the cat who bullies Kizzy. He started hanging out with the big farm cat, Skittles and changed from being a laid back cat to being the henchman bully-boy. Neighbour says that he's not the sharpest tool in the box! We don't see his sister in our garden much.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-06-2010, 10:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
His story is so similar to my Sid. Once I decided I was going to look after him and got him to vets for 'snip' etc he was a big sop. Even managed to co exist with my Misty who was a right wee horror.
And my Ferdy too! From big spraying bruiser to bed-sleeping lap cat within 2 weeks. I think Squiffy's found you for a reason Angie. Just whisk him off to the vets for that all-important op (and blood test), and he'll be a new cat (and nobody will be any the wiser)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
16-06-2010, 10:14 PM   #10

Awwwww, gowaaaan Angie, chop his plums off (well, not you personally!) you'd be doing him and the cat population a favour anyhow, *hides* . . .

He is goooorgeous, what a face!