Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 tortie(f) 2 b&w (m) 1 black(f)
14-04-2010, 12:28 PM   #1

Help I'm being taken over by cats lol

ok so how many of you find it quite difficult to type when you have a cat who insists on climbing all over you and eventually sitting on one of your arms, i think im doing not too bad at it as at the moment bella is demanding attention rather than allowing me to be on the laptop, i have strife behind me on the arm of the chair and trouble on the window ledge cackling at birds my arm has gone dead and quite sore but bella is very contented just lying there purring away and occasionally rolling over they keyboard or walking in front of the screen so i cant see it wanting kisses lol, so come on how many of you face this on a regular basis

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
14-04-2010, 01:13 PM   #2

Re: Help I'm being taken over by cats lol

Lol Its not so bad for me with my adults, as they have "special" places that they like to snooze and arent too demanding (though my 1-year old Reese occasionally comes in yowling to be petted as though he will die without it!). My kitten however will sit all over the laptop, sit under my chin so I cant see, chase the cursor, and basically do everything so that I cant get anything done! He really is so adorable though that I cant hold it against him

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-04-2010, 01:17 PM   #3

I am putting my hand up!!!! Generally it's Kizzy - yesterday I was trying my hand at a bit of calligraphy practice but Kizzy didn't want me to do that and lay on my right arm (I'm right handed). She then fell asleep and, don't know about you, but I feel badly about waking a sleeping cat! I extracted the pen from my right hand and actually dozed off, sitting at my desk with Kizzy laying across my arm just below my elbow. Well, I wasn't going anywhere was I???

Kizzy also likes to help me with the Catsey Quiz sometimes (that's tonight btw at 8.00!) and will sit on the mouse or the keyboard and generally trundles across the desk in front of the screen making it tricky to see what's going on.

Pip isn't quite as interested in the computer, which is lucky because he's quite a lot heavier than Kizzy!!!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 tortie(f) 2 b&w (m) 1 black(f)
14-04-2010, 01:26 PM   #4

i cant wake my cats when they are sleeping, its the only time i get peace lmao

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-04-2010, 04:24 PM   #5

Hand raised ere too: Leia is usually content to sit next to me when I'm on the computer but she does take spells of lap-sitting, blocking the screen and stepping on the keyboard producing gibberish!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
14-04-2010, 07:53 PM   #6

Dylan likes sitting on the printer

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
14-04-2010, 08:01 PM   #7

It is, imo, impossible to do anything once your cat decides it is going to play/sleep/be where you are working - and we just can't move them - an affliction of the cat lover I think!!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggies
14-04-2010, 08:08 PM   #8

Yep happens here too. Jason is totally senile so generally sits as close to my face as he can get Then forgets I just moved him on goes round in a circle and back to where he started

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
15-04-2010, 08:17 PM   #9

No, never a problllllllllllllllllmdadfwqhjfgulgfd jvbs here!

OK, I admit that I have been known to beg 'Please Smudge, just tell me which key you pressed'

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Felix
15-04-2010, 08:24 PM   #10

Yep happens to me a lot! Because the laptop is nice and warm he decides to sit on it and sits on the power button or ends up doing something to it...But when ever I take him off it and put him somewhere else he'll just keep coming back and sleeping on it...Damn cat!