Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Closed Thread

Cats owned: Rescues
05-04-2010, 06:30 AM   #1

Pregnant Cat

Well just to give you some information. Baby Girl never showed any signs of being in heat but suddenly shows pregnancy signs. I took her to my vet (that i have been using for the last 7 years) and they did an ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy (she was 3 weeks and the baby's already had heartbeats). I have desided to let her pregnancy remain and either find good homes for the kittens or keep them myself. She is now just past 5 weeks. I DO NOT believe in killing (abortion) the kittens so it was never an option.
Baby Girl is one of seven cats and three dogs. I have spayed/neutered all of my animals but her (because she beat me to the punch). I know first hand that spaying females too early can cause them to pee in their sleep (I have one that does this) EVERYONE of these animals are rescues. VERY SICK OR INJURED when I found them (in shelters or on the streets). I nursed them and paid for their medical costs and got everyone of them back to health.
I joined this site for advice and support through my first cat pregnancy but rest assured that I have read tons of imformation and probably know all there is about it ( I have also been talking with and taking my girl to my vets every other week since I found out).
After reading all of your posts to the previous woman with a pregnant cat I can tell you that I have absolutely no use for any of you all. I will get my advice and support elswhere and if I was the owners of this forum site I would ban ALL of you. Nobody wants to be treated the way you all treated her. And I do agree with spaying and neutering. It's alot easier to swallow sugar then it is vinegar.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
05-04-2010, 09:41 AM   #2

Re: Pregnant Cat

Ta ra then.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
05-04-2010, 11:26 AM   #3

How odd!!!! LOL

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
05-04-2010, 12:19 PM   #4

After 8 years of breeding I still don't know everything so you must be some sort of genius or expert.

Why did your vet ultrasound her? Most good vet can easily feel the individual fetus up to 30 days!! I would like to ask why on earth you would put your pregnant girl through the stress of weekly examinations? It is totally uneccessary and stupid. You are putting her at risk of infection as well as the stress factor and either of these could cause her to lose the kittens. Kittens can be reabsorbed right up to 6 -7 weeks. How old is your girl? I am presuming she is a kitten as she has not been spayed yet and you always spay/neuter. This could have serious side effects on her maturity and further growth. She may not be able to pass the kittens and may need a Csection. She may not be mature enough to have full maternal feelings. Just because she can get pregnant doesn't mean she can cope with it.

In my opinion you are naive at the least and most definitely do need advice!! Of course if you are a troll then you will be making all this up.

By the way I am not being negative or nasty. I was and still am in phone and e-mail contact with the other lady and helped her through her situation. I will help anyone who needs it but your attitude is disgusting

Closed Thread