Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-02-2010, 05:23 PM   #1

Woeful Wednesday

Hi, all., this is a very scary storm, snowing heavily, almost whiteout conditions with the high winds, I can barely see the houses across the street! Latest forecast is 8 - 10" more before it ends about 7 pm. They are telling everyone not to drive at all except in an emergency as the conditions are so dangerous. Everything is closed. I'm glad I got to the market yesterday as I know my bi-weekly grocery delivery won't come tomorrow. Unbelievable how bad a Winter it's been here in an area that doesn't get this kind of weather.

Sorry to natter on about the weather so much, but that's really all that's happening!!
At least I have the quiz to look forward to tonight! See some of you there?

Healing vibes to the poorly people and pusses.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-02-2010, 05:49 PM   #2

Re: Woeful Wednesday

I do feel sorry for you Eileen - as you say, it's a good thing you managed to get out yesterday. A truly dreadful winter. We've had some snow flurries here today and it's been bitter with a cutting wind but blue sky all afternoon.

I hope CM is on for the quiz tonight. I'm looking forward to it too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
10-02-2010, 06:02 PM   #3

Sounds awful Eileen, at least you have stocked up. Tiny bit of snow here today.
Have a very painfull back at the moment, not sure why, it's not something i usualy suffer with. I've had it on and off for 2 weeks now and it started the day after i'd done a yoga session but i didn't feel anything go. I feel about 90
Hope to see you at the quiz tonight Eileen and angie

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-02-2010, 06:26 PM   #4

Have had Sebi with me at home today; he came home with a high temp and wasn't very well overnight. He's a lot brighter today apart from a nasty cough so hopefully he can go to school so I can get to my herbalist.

I'm SO tired that I'm sleeping more than being awake during the day . . . it's really starting to get me down as I have zero energy

Eileen, your storm sounds very alarming . . . stay snuggled up indoors and hopefully it'll thaw soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
10-02-2010, 07:46 PM   #5

Hiya allFeel a little better today, tablets must be working. Not done a lot just a bit of shopping, the skip and CP calls. Starting to plan myself a list of things to take into hospital when I go ...the weekend was a little like a "snippet of info what I need on that type of ward.... ...silver linning eh?Yola sorry you are poorly you need a tonic, as my Nan would say. I wonder if you suffer from that SAD disease...Seasonal something Disorder...as you are poorly in the winter months....? Sorry Sebi is not well either take care all of you.Eileen your weather sounds terrible glad you semi stocked up. Will they put your delivery on first available date?Shelly we had a little fluttering of snow here a couple of times today. Nothing stuck though, I thought Yoga was supposed to make you feel better.......I'll stay away but may not be related people have back pain from sneezing don't they, hope it eases soon. Angie take care, I'll try to remember the quiz but I tire easily just now. Every one look after yourselves.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-02-2010, 07:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Hiya allFeel a little better today, tablets must be working. Not done a lot just a bit of shopping, the skip and CP calls.
Kazz - that's not what I would call "not done a lot"!

It would be lovely to "see" you at the quiz (if CM is OK) but quite understand if you pop off at any point.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
10-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #7

Oh Eileen that weather sounds dreadful do keep us updated and take extra care. x Poor You Yola, hope you feel better soon, and Sebi too, we need sunshine and blue skies!

Bad backs are awful, you have my utmost sympathy x

Catsey Veteran

10-02-2010, 08:25 PM   #8

Kazz, that's not "resting"!! Take it easy, woman! Yola, Shelley, sorry you're poorly.
Grocery called to reschedule, earliest is Monday the 15th! aaargh. Maybe will be able to get to Whole Foods by Saturday; this is the worst snow in living memory!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
10-02-2010, 08:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Kazz, that's not "resting"!! Take it easy, woman! Yola, Shelley, sorry you're poorly.
Grocery called to reschedule, earliest is Monday the 15th! aaargh. Maybe will be able to get to Whole Foods by Saturday; this is the worst snow in living memory!
Eileen accept the del date and increase some of your order. Its not that long till Monday.
Listen I am bored stupid here, that is resting for me oh yes took Sal out for 8 little walks (about 1/2hour duration)round the block she is loving this.

Catsey Veteran

10-02-2010, 08:30 PM   #10

Oh I did take the new date, but will be out of needed things before that; if the streets are walkable can carry home things like milk, fruit ad vegetables, etc.