Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-02-2010, 05:27 PM   #1

Monday, Monday ...

Nothing's new here, still snowbound. It's sunny, -6 degrees (21 F), Jim's handyman can't get in, no buses, so no shoveling walks; Jim isn't doing it as he's almost as old as I am and not going to tackle it himself this time. I have e-mails in to a few people who advertise they'll shovel, so keep your fingers crossed that I'll get a response!!

To add insult to injury, it's going to snow again Tuesday afernoon/evening! Federal government, schools closed, no mail, no newspaper, no buses. Getting cabin fever!

Hope all are well and poorly people and pusses better.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-02-2010, 05:48 PM   #2

Re: Monday, Monday ...

Hi Eileen! Glad to see you are present today - I hear that Mr President is snowed in at The White House too, but I bet he'll get out before you do!

Snow flurries here this afternoon and it feels bitter out. An old school friend popped in for tea on her way to see her mum - the friend that I got Pip via. Another friend of hers who has Pip's sister kindly sent me a photo of her little cat - she's a poppet, a naughty tortie with webbed paws who also loves sitting in the sink!

Made some chicken stock from the carcass and will do something with that tomorrow probably.

Thinking of Kazz and hoping that she'll be well soon. (((HUGS))) to everyone who is under the weather today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
08-02-2010, 07:37 PM   #3

Glad to see you're still able to get on here DM - so I assume you still have power?

Heard on the news here that "if Americans don't have power, they have no running water" - ?? is this correct?

Hope the snow tomorrow is not too heavy.

Did your friend see a big difference in Pip angieh? I thought in his latest pics he's beginning to fill out a little bit. Think because I was off line for such a long time that I noticed it more?

Very cold here, no snow thank goodness. Spent yesterday putting some clear carbonate sheets onto the hen run - looks much better than black plastic. I can see in and they can see out.

Not much else happening here - friend coming up tonight for a bit of a chin wag.

Hope Kazz is feeling ok, such a shock to hear she was so poorly.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #4

As far as I know, CM, water isn't affected at all by a power loss; no electricity involved. I suppose if you have a pump that would deliver water to the house from a well then it would be a problem; suspect some rural areas might have that. But definitely not here.