Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-01-2010, 02:41 PM   #1

What do you talk to your cats about?

Really as an addition to HappyKatz thread about how your cats react ............

What do you speak to your cats about? Do you generally speak to them about everyday things, current affairs or the weather or more philosophical things, like evolution?

Most days I tell Kizzy and Pip how lovely they are or that sort of thing but recently I have been talking to them about what they might do if they had lordship over us humans ......... cats' staff put the idea in my head. I hope I'm not putting airs of grandeur into theirs. Pip has definitely forgotten he was ever a god and is quite happy to play the fool!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH Cats
14-01-2010, 03:08 PM   #2

Re: What do you talk to your cats about?

Great thread Angie! I enjoy talking to our cats

I talk to our cats about many things. I tell them how beautiful they are and how happy they make us. And that we are very lucky to have them as a part of our furry family
I tell them about other kitties around the world, mostly about the lovely cats on Catsey.

I talk to them about the birds outside while they kitty chirp at them. About the type of toys or treats they may want next. That we can't wait to let them outside again in Spring.
I tell them about how there is a big world outside but that they are better & safe inside.

Mostly I just talk to them about cat related subjects

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
14-01-2010, 03:29 PM   #3

Mostly I tell Dylan how handsome and gorgeous he is I talk to him about what his plans are for the day (seeing Poppet mostly ) and tell him what my plans are.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-01-2010, 05:26 PM   #4

I tell Leia what a beautiful good cat she is, that she has lovely whiskers and a spotty tummy that needs rubbing, what she'll have for dinner, also tell her where I'm going when I go out, when I'll be back and what I got! We rarely discuss philosophy or politics ... I am certain she is not a Republican, though!!

Good thread!

Catsey Veteran

14-01-2010, 06:06 PM   #5

Do you still read the stockmarket news to Leia, Eileen?

Catsey Veteran

14-01-2010, 09:10 PM   #6

Oh yes I completely forgot about that, Angie, fancy you remembering! I also read her the weather report and the obituaries! How silly can I get!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
14-01-2010, 10:23 PM   #7

I ask my lot questions- worryingly they often seem to answer!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Tabby female
James is Male
15-01-2010, 12:24 AM   #8

I grew up in a home in which everyone spoke to the feline residents as frequently as they spoke to each other I have continued to do this as I cannot imagine living in a house with such an intelligent creature and not talk to them! The most delightful part is when they answer you as they have an extensive vocabulary (including body language)

Catsey Veteran

15-01-2010, 03:31 AM   #9

I think they talk to us because they have realized that we are generally not too good at reading their subtle body language. They rarely vocalize to one another except in mating displays or disputes.

Catsey Veteran

15-01-2010, 10:39 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats' staff
I ask my lot questions- worryingly they often seem to answer!
Examples please cats' staff! A whole new realm is opening up before my mind's eye ........... Ask The Cat; What The Cats Say; QI For Cats - and of course CBBC could stand for something entirely different.