Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: 1 female medium hair domestic
11-09-2009, 07:03 PM   #1

Saddest days of my life

I experienced two of the saddest days of my life Sunday and Monday. Alex woke me up crying and I rushed him to the emergency vet. Somehow, even after PU surgery two years ago, he was suffering from urinary blockage which is highly unusual. There was no way to do sugery because he had too much scar tissue from the original surgery and there was no way to make a bigger hole that would allow him to pass the crystals because they made it as big as they could during the first surgery two years ago. The doctor tried to go in through his bladder instead but it was too late...his little body kept creating sodium and we lost him on Monday. I spent $1300 trying to save him again but this time, nothing could be done. He's in a better place now and he won't be having anymore urinary tract problems....We will miss him terribly. I really want another cat, but I don't want to "replace" Alex.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
11-09-2009, 07:25 PM   #2

Re: Saddest days of my life

Sorry to read this, RIP little fella. I don't think of it as replacing a pet, don't think that is ever really possible, but to give a new home to an unwanted pet is certainly something we should all be proud of.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
11-09-2009, 07:55 PM   #3

My heart goes out too you so much. I agree with emma it wouldnt be replacing the little fella but it might help the hole in your heart. I am crying reading this as we lost our beloved simon in july this year and he suffered so much just like Alex and he just gave up in the end. Rest peacfuly little one. Run free at the bridge.

jane

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-09-2009, 08:26 PM   #4

I'm so so sorry for your loss. It does leave a cat shaped hole the heart. No cat can ever "replace" the lost one. but you have love enough to share it with someone who needs a loving home like yours.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-09-2009, 08:41 PM   #5

Very sorry to read about Alex - run free now, free of all pain.

I lost my lovely old Merlin in March this year and now have two "new" cats, one rescue and one just a kitten. I love them both, but they certainly aren't "replacements" for Merlin. As dandysmom says, about the cat shaped hole in your heart - it does help with the ache of loss.

You will know when the time is right to take another cat to your heart.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
11-09-2009, 08:43 PM   #6

so very sorry for your loss RIP Alex x

Please don't think of it as replacing Alex, think of it as sharing all that love you have to give. xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
11-09-2009, 08:45 PM   #7

So sory to read this.....
Run free little boy...xx

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-09-2009, 09:08 PM   #8

So very sorry to read of your loss....

Sleep peacefully little one...

Banned

Cats owned: N/A
11-09-2009, 10:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I'm so so sorry for your loss. It does leave a cat shaped hole the heart. No cat can ever "replace" the lost one. but you have love enough to share it with someone who needs a loving home like yours.
I am sorry for your loss
Dandysmom put it beautifully, they do indeed leave a cat shaped hole in your heart... x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-09-2009, 10:36 PM   #10

Thanks, CW, but that's not original; read it here years ago and it's so very apt I use it ....