Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-01-2009, 10:35 AM   #1

Daily thread ~ Blue Monday

Morning all

Well today is Blue Monday which is considered to be the most depressing day of the year .......... let's prove the experts wrong!

Another wet and gloomy morning (says she with a smile on her face) ...... nothing special planned other than the usual daily jobs.

Cassie has been a bit off colour, she didn't eat anything yesterday but appears livelier this morning although she hasn't found her appetite yet. I'll try her with some fish later.

Have a good day everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
19-01-2009, 10:39 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread ~ Blue Monday

Morning Mags, morning all, cold, wet and very windy here today...Not a day for venturing out...Duch, has been sick during the night, but think its just a case of a overloaded tum, he tends to finish what the others leave....
Nothing much planned today, just see how it goes....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
19-01-2009, 11:24 AM   #3

It's horrid and wet here too. Up here in the village it's just mud as far as the eye can see. I'm just thankful I can go home to pavements and street lights

The school drop-off was fairly uneventful with Sebi not really creating too much. His cold is pretty well gone; he slept through the night and woke up cheerful and cuddly Must be all that juicing that's helping build his immune system!

I have a doc appointment with Dominik tonight as he's always had some hard skin on his feet which is now kind of growing! Some bits are about 2mm thick and are starting to cause him discomfort. I'll be seeking a referral as none of the creams/powders they have so far given me really work.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
19-01-2009, 11:40 AM   #4

Morning! Got up at my normal time this morning but after checking the rota, realised I'm not due in work until 1pm Such a nice feeling though, walked the dog then went back to bed!
Up cooking a shepherd's pie for dinner this evening now with sweet potato mash, yummy!
Imogen asked for breakfast this morning so I think she's starting to feel a bit better, hope Cassie enjoys her fish Mags.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
19-01-2009, 12:32 PM   #5

Morning all! It's also wet and miserable here but I'm not feeling too gloomy Feeling really good for all my working out, have noticed a physical change, and it meant I could enjoy my White Chocolate and Ginger Cheesecake last night guilt free (which was divine!)

A normal day at work, but then out with a friend later for some cheesy nachos and a good catch up (more yummy but bad food alas, but I'm doing 2 hours in the gym so all good )

Yola, I hope you get somewhere at the doc's with Dominik, that sounds painful poor lad

Hopefully today won't be half as Blue as the BBC are telling us

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
19-01-2009, 01:50 PM   #6

Today has been the 7th day that we have been up every hour with Poppy wanting the toilet in the night. Its completely exhausting for both us and her. Just put her to bed as she had a meltdown over lunch. Let's hope her bladder gets used to the feeling asap cos we are walking Zombies.

Enrolled in Dog training tonight for a 10 week course. The first week, tonight is just handlers and dogs come next week. I can't wait.

Its been lashing it down with rain here and its even been sleeting.

Hope Cassie is better soon and Domi too xxx

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-01-2009, 02:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie
Today has been the 7th day that we have been up every hour with Poppy wanting the toilet in the night. Its completely exhausting for both us and her. Just put her to bed as she had a meltdown over lunch. Let's hope her bladder gets used to the feeling asap cos we are walking Zombies.
I remember those nights too, Nat........ I had two going through potty training at the same time Well worth the exhaustion in the end though..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
19-01-2009, 03:16 PM   #8

I did mine in 2 stages; daytime first with nightime nappies and then once fully confident (Domi not me) he decided when he would be dry at night. It made it far less stressfull for all of us . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-01-2009, 03:23 PM   #9

Afternoon everyone! Our roads were awash this morning - very heavy rainfall during the night, which we didn't hear at all. MIL's carer came in at 8.30 and said the water just down the road was up to the car doors! So we waited until it had gone down a bit before venturing out to the tip - yes, we know how to live it up down here on the south coast!

With all the different food that I have in the cupboard for Merlin, he wanted none of it - I opened sachet after sachet of different sorts and types and flavours but no, Mr Fussy F***** was at home and although obviously hungry, following me about and crying, was he going to eat it? No. So went to P@H after the tip and did they have their pate in foil trays in stock. No. So bought some different P@H pate in big tins (all they had) and brought that home and with some trepidation offered it to His Highness. Did he eat it? YES!!!!

What a happy mummy I am Doesn't take much.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
19-01-2009, 04:12 PM   #10

good afternoon all. im in a happy mood. found a different prezzy for OH as its our anniversary next month. hes mad on the alien films. and noticed in a shop a model of the alien monster. he will love it.(i hope) i gave a big hint like dragged him into the shop and said thats what id like for our anniversay. a bottle of ultra violet perfume
when i got home letter waiting for me. from the council. my bus pass has arrived. no im not a pensioner, but all the stuff that i have wrong with me i was entitled to one. means i can go anywhere now
just waiting on the shower to be fitted. have probs getting in and out of the bath as well.
but all will be sorted soon.
have a good rest of the day. all