Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: orange tiger and grey/white tuxedo
bobrena is Male
16-01-2009, 08:50 PM   #1

Hello

Hello, I am new to this and didn't even know that something like this exsisted. But I am glad I found it. I stumbled upon this while searching for Diar-eze. Sounds interesting I know. But I have a cat who has had diarrhea for about 4 months now and I have tried everything. My vet has given me pill after pill to give him and nothing works. So I just ordered this drug called diar-eze and I wondered if anyone has had a bad experience with it? Because so far all I have heard is rave reviews. I hope it works for me because I am at the end of my rope.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
16-01-2009, 08:53 PM   #2

Re: Hello

Welcome to Catsey!

Can't help you with diarrhoea issues, Beauty never had diarrhoea and Dylan doesn't have it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-01-2009, 08:57 PM   #3

Rather than pilling, do you think you need to address diet/allergies? Some cats - like humans have sensitive stomachs or even IBS and need special diets. Have your vet investigated this? Have you looked at natural remedies such as herbal?

We have a couple of members who have had cats with endless stomach problems and both cats have fully recovered and can now eat a pretty normal diet - both had sensitivity issues I believe.

Welcome by the way, and I'm sure someone will be here soon who can offer genuine first hand advice.

bobrena is Male
16-01-2009, 09:08 PM   #4

thanks for the welcome everyone. Yeah my cat is taking prednizone right now for IBS. Seems like the only thing that kind of works. But I think I am going to try this diar-eze since it is an all natural product. But wow this is really cool to be talking to two people from the UK. Everything is better in the UK.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-01-2009, 09:16 PM   #5

Welcome to Catsey bobrena!

Do hope that you can find something to help your poor cat. I can quite understand why you are at the end of your rope (we might say "tether" here!).

bobrena is Male
16-01-2009, 09:20 PM   #6

Thanks for your kind words. I will have to post on here if this diar-eze works and let you know. So you would say at the end of your tether? Thats cool. I do blame myself for his troubles though all this started after I moved into a new house.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #7

Have you considered that if it's stress related some 'cat therapy' might be in order? One of our members has a stressy cat and she's tried Reiki with some quite remarkable results. Her cat too is prone to diarrhoea.

Please do feel that you can jump on in and chat on any of the topics. We do have a couple of US people here (from Washington DC and Washington State primarily); and it's lovely for us Brits to have the glamour of some Stateside chat

bobrena is Male
16-01-2009, 09:50 PM   #8

Ok thanks. I think it is glamours to be talking to folks from the UK. Believe it or not I am at work so if I am gone for a while thats why.

bobrena is Male
16-01-2009, 09:54 PM   #9

If you don't mind me asking what is a translation designer? Just thought I would ask because I am a graphic designer.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
16-01-2009, 10:37 PM   #10

Hi, warm welcome to Catsey, good to have another member from across the pond!