Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
29-11-2008, 10:26 AM   #1

Saturday daily thread

Well as I cannot see the back fence for the fog I thought would start the daily thread.

As previously mentioned its foggy here, watching the news about the "attack" in India, a good friend of mine Premoda was in Mumbai....when the attacks happened he was there with his cousin resolving their late grandfathers estate, and was actually due to have lunch with a lawyer one of the hotels that were attacked but they did not go due to the traffic they went to the lawyers home instead.......Prem is due home tomorrow. But is safe his wife rang to let us know.....I've known Prem for about 20 years, and until now did not realised how worried about what see on the tv can affect you it the all round coverage that gives you no let up.

Anyhow a odd day the fog makes it feel really Wintery but I have to go out.....Xmas present shopping..see you all later of Mom Dad going to see Seven Brides for Seven Brothers tonight at the Alexandra theatre.

Hope everyone is well.

See you all later. Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
29-11-2008, 10:48 AM   #2

Re: Saturday daily thread

Misty here too, and blimmin chilly.

Wall to wall coverage of world events can be a bit horrifying. Actually I think it can distort your view of things and make you much more pessimistic than is justified. I never used to let my children watch news programmes when they were little though - far too much nasty stuff.
Glad your friend is safe. Life seems to be full of 'There but for fortune....' stories and I tend to think that's a good reason for carrying on with life, not being scared of possibly being a victim. It's a fatalistic view but it seems to me that que sera sera and you can't hide from the world.
I'm so old I can just about remember a 'Golden Age' when all seemed sweet and light - no wars, no troubles etc etc. I read Brendan Behan's 'Borstal Boy' when I was about 14 and found it difficult to 'get' with its IRA references - what the heck was that? Then, later, I lived I Brum for a couple of years and very soon after I moved away the whole IRA thing kicked off with the Birmingham pub bombs ..... and it feels a bit like we've never been peaceful since

Oh dear - here I am rambling again, and looking backwards - see, I am definitely getting old. Please shoot me if you catch me saying "When I was your age ..."

What a cheery post for a wintery Saturday! I'm on my own till Wednesday - you may get tired of my ramblings way before then Keep warm and have a good Saturday

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
29-11-2008, 10:59 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Please shoot me if you catch me saying "When I was your age ..."

Excuse me but would not our shooting you just prove your point?.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
29-11-2008, 11:10 AM   #4

Morning! It's a late start for me as we've only just finished breakfast. OH is now suffering with what I had earlier in the week and is sleeping so I have the terrible twosome with me. Have to get them dressed and then myself sorted and we'll be off to see the allotment as soon as that's done.

It was very foggy here last night but that all seems to have lifted now. Generally grey and damp I think.

Last night we had a 'screening' of Wall.e. It was as brilliant as I remember it, the first half almost balletic but it seemed much longer at the cinema!

Karen, we work closely with a company who are in the next city to Mumbai (about 20 minutes drive). Ken was on the phone to Amar yesterday who was saying about where the trouble as started from and what it's all about . . . and yes, I agree when you actually know someone who's telling you about the background and also the personal implications of events such as these they suddenly look very different.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
29-11-2008, 11:10 AM   #5

Morning!
Freezing fog over this way too, got to make my way into town in a little while then off to help my sister move house.
Rugby this afternoon so expecting to have lost my voice by this evening!
Have a good day all,
Lx

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
29-11-2008, 11:40 AM   #6

Bore da

It's glorious here. freezing cold but clear blue skies. I love it.
Had to bath both girls this morning.....Poppy decided to finger paint with her porridge

Got a few jobs to do today and shall just potter. Need to take Milo for a small trot later but I think I need to invest in a fleece coat for him to keep his joint warm and cosy.

Both cats are indoors, merlin is trashing the lounge and Belle is having a catnap on the bed in the sun.

Have a good one girls and sorry for being absent again. Been on stupid shifts this week but now on annual leave

p.s. Having problems with my photobucket. it doesnt show the links to each picture under the photo for me to add on here??? HELP

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
29-11-2008, 11:43 AM   #7

Matron - it's not you. Photobucket has changed a bit and you have to click your thumbnail pic to get it to show the 'tags'

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
29-11-2008, 11:51 AM   #8

Morning all, have done all the house work, cleaned litter boxes and hamster tank. So far the sky remains blue but wintry showers forecast.
Am off out in a bit to finnish my xmas shopping, will hopefully have them all wrapped and ready to ship out by tomorrow. Havent written nearly as many xmas cards as I normally do, lost my address book
Have a good day every one xxx

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 5 DSH
29-11-2008, 12:31 PM   #9

Morning

It's very foggy here too today. My youngest daughter Rachael is spending the day with her Dad, my other daughter Katherine doesn't like going & prefers to stay with me, so this afternoon we are taking the dogs out for a long walk. Tonight I'll be sat infront of the tv to watch X Factor, can't miss that!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
29-11-2008, 12:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Matron - it's not you. Photobucket has changed a bit and you have to click your thumbnail pic to get it to show the 'tags'
Which thumbnail picture? Sorry to be so dense