Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
05-11-2008, 08:57 AM   #1

need some support..

this is about baby bear but for a moment i'm going to say i am in tears because i have an anxiety disorder and about having a panic attack after what i just read researching something.
he has been displaying "head bobbing" behavior (like a chicken) for a week now...i am concerned so it looked it up and there's only two causes known : insulinoma (pancreatic tumor) or brain tumor.
i left a message at my vet, it's almost midnight here, told her to call me after noon tomorrow. but right now i'm just sitting here and freaking myself out.
brain tumors are "rare" but so is anaphylactic shock that can be fatal and he had that so maybe he has bad genetics after all that bad breeding with ferrets they do here in the U.S. it's very possible.
i know i shouldn't jump to conclusions and start worrying what i'll do, etc. but my anxiety won't let me get a grip and i don't have a med at the moment that is delegated for a panic attack, just ones to prevent it.
please god let it just be a fluke.
i'll prob feel stupid later reading how dramatic i sound but you guys are my friends, i'm sorry i am always worried about something
anyway, please cross your fingers for baby bear? thanx guys. *hugs*

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
05-11-2008, 09:04 AM   #2

Re: need some support..

aww Tink. I've got my fingers crossed that it turns out to be nothing ((hugs))

Catsey Veteran

05-11-2008, 10:28 AM   #3

someone on the ferret forum suggested an ear infection..i'm also wondering if he could suddenly start a new waardenburgs syndrome trait? but i haven't seen that in my research ...hmmm.
i hope it is nothing or just an ear infection.
will keep posted. need to find funds for a vet visit i'm sure she will suggest and i would feel better about. working it out now..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
05-11-2008, 10:33 AM   #4

It's so very difficult with symptoms that may be something serious but may equally be something quite straightforward. I really think you need to hold off worrying until you categorically know you have something to worry about . . . after all, as the saying goes, a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

I don't want to sound patronizing but at the same time the best thing you can do for Baby Bear is stay calm and objective so you can clearly tell the vet what you have observed and not overlay it with things you've read about. Having said that, hugs to you both . . . I hope you can find the funds to get your little chap checked out and I also hope that it turns out to be nothing serious.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
05-11-2008, 10:37 AM   #5

Sometimes the internet is not a good thing - especially if you have hypochondriac tendencies, for yourself or those you love. I hope your chap is fine and that any possible symptoms he has been showing are just coincidence.

Catsey Veteran

05-11-2008, 10:38 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
after all, as the saying goes, a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

SO TRUE. sometimes i think i should just stop researching and start enjoying...i always wonder if it should be better safe than sorry (to the extreme in my case) or ignorance is bliss..i naturally go for the first and envy the latter. i worry myself to death

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-11-2008, 11:34 AM   #7

I am hoping that Baby Bear is OK Tink. Not easy to cope with the anxiety but doing something about it is the right way forward. ((((HUGS))))

Catsey Veteran

05-11-2008, 12:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Sometimes the internet is not a good thing - especially if you have hypochondriac tendencies, for yourself or those you love. I hope your chap is fine and that any possible symptoms he has been showing are just coincidence.
i wouldn't say i'm a hypochondriac (ferrets get ill very often and very quickly) but i will say i'm paranoid and anxious for any of them to die as they have such short life spans and they are my little babies.
i struggle w/letting go of researching b/c alot of it has helped me prevent very fatal things and known how to treat illnesses/ailments. i just have an anxiety problem (same goes for driving or being out of the house).
but truly if you've had ferrets before you'd know you never can be too careful..it really is true..they have a knack for finding trouble and illness..
thank you though.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
05-11-2008, 12:32 PM   #9

Healing vibes for the wee man, and hugs for you..x

Catsey Veteran

05-11-2008, 12:34 PM   #10

thank you i'm not sure if he needs to heal but he appreciates the vibes either way. it is just so disturbing to see him walk a bit off balance with his head bobbing like a chicken!