Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
11-10-2008, 09:02 AM   #1

Eva and Bernie

Over the last few months or so, I have been trying to reduce their dry food intake gradually and increase their wet food intake. Over the last few days, they have gone right off wet food, of any kind They wont even eat the applaws which is very unusual.
I am not overly concerned as they are eating the dry but it now means that I will have to increase the amount they get, but atleast they are still eating. I just didnt want them to eat as much dry because it puts alot of pressure on the kidneys.
Maybe its just a fad they are going through or maybe they feel they have to bulk up for winter.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
11-10-2008, 09:08 AM   #2

Re: Eva and Bernie

Mine go throught a faze like that Elaine, Oliver is mainly a dry foodie...I would not worry too much about it, as long as they are drinking plenty...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-10-2008, 11:07 AM   #3

There is a plus about eating dry - at least it keeps their teeth in good condition.

I do understand your concern though Elaine - you have seen enough of kidney problems to make you acutely aware of the risks.

Catsey Veteran

11-10-2008, 12:12 PM   #4

I am not so convinced about the teeth thing tbh. Winston never had that much dry food in his diet and had all his own teeth and not gum problems. I am not against feeding dry totally, my big concern is feeding too much dry and not enough wet. Even cats who drink alot of water dont take in enough water to compensate a totally dry food diet.

Anyway, all that said they have made me a bloody liar and eaten their wet food this morning

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-10-2008, 02:01 PM   #5

Just being fussy felines eh?

Catsey Veteran

11-10-2008, 08:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Just being fussy felines eh?
It would seem so

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-10-2008, 09:17 PM   #7

I sprinkle some dry on top of the wet for Leia; she starts by lapping up the gravy first, then the dry, and by that time she's in "eating mode" so eats the wet too......one bout of cystitis was enough for me!!!