Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
22-08-2008, 11:37 AM   #1

Where's Minsky?

It took me about 10 minutes one morning to find Stravinsky. He wasn't making a peep, and wasn't moving at all. I eventually found where he was hiding. See at which photo you can spot him

A messy bed on a sunday morning!

Hmmm..

Quiet as a mouse..

If I stay real still, she might not see me.

Peek-a-boo!

And on the next day, Darcy found him before I did!

It has become a regular snoozing place of his

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-08-2008, 01:24 PM   #2

Re: Where's Minsky?

More great photos meep! Green is Minsky's colour. He looks SO COOL! Spotted him in photo no. 2!

Almost a Veteran Member

22-08-2008, 01:26 PM   #3

He does love the green blanket, they both do. I took those photos in reverse order once I'd found him. I literally searched the whole flat for a good 10 minutes and as he was at foot level and hidden under a big mess of blankets, I didn't think to look there. I just thought it was so cute that he stayed so still and quiet the whole time I was calling him, and probably walking past him a good few times. Since then he quite often hides there when we throw the covers back in the morning. His own little hidey-hole

Almost a Veteran Member

22-08-2008, 01:27 PM   #4

And the blanket is a very GREEN blanket isn't it?! OH got it from Primark

We have the purple throw on the bed during the day and then the green blanket on top, as I don't really like getting cat hairs on the bed itself. (I had allergies as a kid and whilst have been ok so far, sleeping in a mess of cat hairs may be tempting fate!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-08-2008, 01:33 PM   #5

I thought immediately of Robin Hood and his Merry Minsky! I'm sure that's Lincoln Green and the detailing on the edge is very Sherwood!

Almost a Veteran Member

22-08-2008, 02:45 PM   #6

What a wonderfully perceptive thought Angie! I hadn't thought about that at all, but now you've mentioned it, every time I look at the photos I can't help it And I'm sure when I go home tonight and say hello to Minsky I'll be singing "Robin Hood, Robin Hood riding through the glen..."

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-08-2008, 04:31 PM   #7

Super pics! I spotted him in #2 also;, love those two closeup peek-a-boo ones! Make a nice avatar. Naughty boy hiding from mum and not answering; Leia is good about that; when I can't find her and call, she always responds with a small mew......

Almost a Veteran Member

22-08-2008, 04:34 PM   #8

Thanks DM I think if he didn't have a white face he would have been much harder to spot

Minsky usually is quite good when I call him; he comes running through with that "are you going to give me food?!" expression - tail cocked, whiskers forward, big cute eyes. But for some reason he treats under the green blanket as his 'special place'?! I once walked past it and didn't realise he was under it, and accidentally half kicked him. Well not kicked, but the side of my leg banged into his body. I almost went flying, but when I checked on him he was fine, purring away

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Exotic Short Hair
22-08-2008, 05:40 PM   #9

Ha ha that is adorable, I could not spot him till I saw the second pic

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH Cats
25-08-2008, 02:05 PM   #10

I see Minsky!! Minsky looks so adorable hiding in the blanket!!