Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
07-08-2008, 02:52 PM   #1

Orijen Dry Cat Food

From my other thread, 'recommended dry cat food', I did some research and Orijen does really seem to be a great dry cat food. 75% meat, with no grain fillers. Lots of great reviews on the health of the cat etc.

Has anyone used this, any experience or comments? I'm very tempted to buy some!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
07-08-2008, 03:38 PM   #2

Re: Orijen Dry Cat Food

I have used it, I am sure i had a thread about it a while back.
Mine liked it and i thought it was good value for money, sadly, with starting my new venture, I have been banned from any internet shopping until I am earning enough on a regular basis, so I have now gone onto Burns because i have local supplier.

Almost a Veteran Member

07-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #3

Thanks Elaine. I realised after I'd posted that I should have done a search on Orijen, I'll do that in a wee bit! Just making sure no one's cats have had upset tummies with it. I know every cats different, but just wanted to check!

(A new venture sounds fun and interesting, I work in promoting enterprise )

Almost a Veteran Member

08-08-2008, 11:30 AM   #4

I went ahead and ordered some

Couldn't be bothered ordering the small 400g one as if they like it I'd just have to order a bigger one and wait for it to arrive, which means waiting twice! So I went ahead and ordered their big one! Now the little b*ggers better like it

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Ragdoll x
27-08-2008, 06:51 AM   #5

I tried mine on it...they all hated it!

Almost a Veteran Member

27-08-2008, 09:25 AM   #6

Really? Interesting.

I've gradually been mixing more and more in with their normal Go-Cat, and they seem to eat both equally. They don't only eat one or the other, which means they must tolerate it quite well. But I think if I ONLY gave them Orijen they'd get fed up, as they do seem to like a lot of variety. Eating the same thing every day would be boring anyway!

I've been giving it to them for about 2 weeks now and I have noticed their coats are a bit shinier and softer

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
27-08-2008, 01:59 PM   #7

My two loved it but did get fed up with it when thats all there was as their dry food. I will be buying it again but am currently trying burns.

Almost a Veteran Member

27-08-2008, 02:03 PM   #8

I noticed that with Orijen, all the bits of dried food look the same, but with Go-Cat they're different. I know Go-Cat is generally quite junk-food-ish, and the different shaped biscuits are just more a marketing ploy, but they seem to never get bored of Go-Cat but occasionally don't touch the dry food when there's a lot of Orijen left. They do like the Orijen, and I give to Minsky as a treat occasionally which he loves (he doesn't like any other treat at all, so when Darcy is getting his it stops him feeling left out!) I currently mix Orijen with Go-Cat but am thinking of getting a better quality dry food to mix in with it, as Go-Cat isn't the best.

But I figure if they're eating half Orijen then that's half the badness of Go-Cat gone and Orijen does seem to be really wonderful food.