Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
07-08-2008, 12:04 PM   #1

Amazing!!!

Im sat here on the PC without my glasses on and I can see!!!!!

I had alot of problems with Specsavers when it came to getting my contact lenses right,they kept moving around and making my vision blurred.In the end they told me that the lenses they had given me were the best they could get for my prescription.
I decided to go to vision express and im so glad I did,turns out Specsavers have been giving me the wrong prescription for years and the last lot of lenses they gave me (the ones you put in and leave in for a month) you cant get for my prescription They had also told me I was short sighted,turns out im actually long sighted
Anyway they did a thourough eye test and ordered me my lenses,I really wasnt expecting anything different to Specsavers and was waiting to have to tell myself that ill have to wear glasses for ever..........my new lenses are perfect!!! My vision is better than its ever been,that could be something todo with the fact I actually have the right strengh lenses in my eyes and the lenses fit perfectly,they are not moving around at all!!

Im a very happy bunny right now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
07-08-2008, 01:16 PM   #2

Re: Amazing!!!

Thats good news Erin and I'm glad you can see well now.
I've been shortsighted since I was 11 and have worn specs and lenses. Now I'm getting trouble with close vision and need bifocals. My optician prescribed multifocal lenses but I can't get on with them so its back to glasses for me
I have funny shaped eyes apparently, rugby ball shape instead of round which makes lens wearing awkward.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
07-08-2008, 02:02 PM   #3

I started using dailie lenses about a year ago, and find thm brilliant, never wear glasses now...

PP...My hubby tried bifocals and just could not get them right, he went back to his glasses too...

Catsey Veteran

07-08-2008, 06:35 PM   #4

PP I have astigmatism (rugby ball shaped) in both eyes, but the toric lenses I have are special made for people with astigmatisms,honestly they are really great. Its still early days,this is only the 1st full day of wearing them (I got them yesterday afternoon) but its looking promising. The lenses I have tried in the past have been ok for the first 20 mins of me wearing them,but then start moving and blurring my vision.
Touch wood these havnt moved yet and my vision is still clear.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
07-08-2008, 07:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
PP I have astigmatism (rugby ball shaped) in both eyes, but the toric lenses I have are special made for people with astigmatisms,honestly they are really great. Its still early days,this is only the 1st full day of wearing them (I got them yesterday afternoon) but its looking promising. The lenses I have tried in the past have been ok for the first 20 mins of me wearing them,but then start moving and blurring my vision.
Touch wood these havnt moved yet and my vision is still clear.
Thats the ones Hubby tried Erin, he has astigmatism in one eye he just could not get the lenses to suit him...

Catsey Veteran

07-08-2008, 08:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Thats the ones Hubby tried Erin, he has astigmatism in one eye he just could not get the lenses to suit him...
I couldnt to start with,I have been trying for the last6 years at Specsavers and got no where,thats why I tried Vision Express,and it turns out Specsavers had given me the wrong prescription (i had new lenses put in my frames less than 4 months ago),Specsavers had also told me I was short sighted,but it turns out im long sighted.Im so so pleased I have changed optitians. It makes me think about how long Specsavers may have been giving me the wrong prescription,and possibly causing damage to my eyes. The optitian at Specsavers told me that the lenses he had given where the best they could get for my prescription and that I would be fine wearing them,even though they made my sight blurred

They are bring a new daily lense out soon for people with astigmatism,Ill defo be giving them a try,the one thing I hate about the ones I have is the having to clean them every night,its such a pain,especially if Ive been out for a drink

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-08-2008, 09:29 PM   #7

What a shame you had to wait so long before getting a proper prescription! Personally I don't trust the service at those money-making places; I go to an opthalmologist for my eye exams. Had a bad experience with Hour Eyes having my prescription filled: they made it wrong, so blurry I couldn't see, and then had the nerve to say Dr. Cupples wrote the prescription wrong!! He happens to be the head of Opthalmology at Georgetown Hospital...

I won''t try contacts; the idea of something in my eye gives me the creeps,,,an eyelash drives me mad! Glasses for me. Oh, and I have astigmatism and myopia.

Isn't it great to see clearly now, Erin?