Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
04-08-2008, 08:44 AM   #1

daily thread ~ Monday

Good morning !
The weather man on the Beeb is telling fibs again, it's raining here, and not just showers. It's supposed to be DRY!
I'm fed up.
I posted in Health about Posh's bad breath, would welcome any suggestions please, she really is getting whiffy!
A day off work today and as I worked like a trojan yesterday I feel entitled to a day of ease. Have a mind to take in a bit of retail therapy later.
Must book an appointment to get my hair done later this week.
My doggie Bron is 13 today, she's an old girl, full of aches and pains who suffers the cat gladly, bless her.
See you later,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
04-08-2008, 09:52 AM   #2

Re: daily thread ~ Monday

Very busy here! Writing my book, writing some websites, writing our newsletter, checking some press releases and some staff-related stuff too. AND I have a meeting at 11am Oh, and client might be popping in later to check over a brochure we're designing and (importantly) leave a cheque for me

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
04-08-2008, 03:22 PM   #3

Afternoon all, went to see a very interesting gent this morning. Went for a consultation about dog training and behaviour. He has worked and trained dogs for more than 50 years. He was great and very interesting with a passion for wild life etc.
Just waiting to head off to my cleaning job now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
04-08-2008, 04:19 PM   #4

Hi all, got into work this morning to some sad news-the little pup I was nursing Friday/early Sat morning faded and went to heaven last night Poor baby had no life at all but I hope he was comfy and warm during his last days.
Given both my babies extra hugs when I came home.
Not much else planned for this afternoon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-08-2008, 04:42 PM   #5

Afternoon! Another lovely sunny day25C; no rain in the forecast. We have a relatively new gourmet market in the West End that I've been meaning to visit...friend raves about it...so finally did this morning. Very nice, good selecxtion and surprisingly reasonable prices: picked up a quiche, some chicken shiu mai and a suspiciously inexpensive bottle of California riesling! Hope it's good.

PL: sorry about the little pup ....
PP: enjoy the retail therspy ....
Yola: you are a busy woman!!

Have a nice Monday ....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-08-2008, 04:47 PM   #6

Afternoon everyone. So sorry about the little pup PL - doesn't seem right that a baby should have such a short life.

The day started off promising, pretty blue sky and sunshine. Now the wind is blowing quite strongly and it's gloomy again. We have had spits and spots of rain. Mid 60's only today (sorry still doesn't compute in celsius!)

Have a good day everyone - enjoy that wine Eileen and I do hope it's a good one!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-08-2008, 04:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Afternoon everyone. So sorry about the little pup PL - doesn't seem right that a baby should have such a short life.

The day started off promising, pretty blue sky and sunshine. Now the wind is blowing quite strongly and it's gloomy again. We have had spits and spots of rain. Mid 60's only today (sorry still doesn't compute in celsius!)

Have a good day everyone - enjoy that wine Eileen and I do hope it's a good one!
Me neither! I have the WeatherBug program on my comp and always use the button to switch to Celsius so I can post here what it is!
Still have a bottle of vinho verde open; will comment on the riesling after I've tried it....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
04-08-2008, 05:36 PM   #8

Hi there!
Back from my retail therapy; bought 2 nice tops and spent time just browsing. Also got some printer ink from ARGOS, much cheaper than other places eg WHSmiths,
Took my mam with me for a breath of fresh air for her. She's been out of hosp a week and still a bit weak on her legs but grateful to be able to sit in the shops and watch me spend money
PL: loves to the little pup at the bridge
DM: love your menu, can I come for supper
and Yola, you make me breathless
Don't worry Angie, I still convert the 'new' money into £ s d.
although, it worries me to do so !!!