Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: NA
17-07-2008, 09:22 PM   #1

Food help!

hi,

I have been researching on the net for a few days now trying to find the best foods for my new kitties.

I have read quite a few threads on here about foods and found out lots of the very bad ones but can you all recommend some good ones? I am open to price range as I just want to be able to make an informed decision. I want to feed them a mix of wet n dry.

Suggestions please!

Naomi xx

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Exotic Short Hair
17-07-2008, 09:32 PM   #2

Re: Food help!

Hi Naomi,

If you are looking for foods that are high in meat content and not full of artificial fillers and additives then I have found that Natures Menu wet food and James Wellbeloved Dry Food are quite good. You can get them at most pet shops. Like you even I had to read up a lot on the net. Applaws is also a good wet food, but as it has no added minerals and vitamins, it is more as a supplementary food that you can feed your kitties now and then. Hope this helped.

17-07-2008, 09:34 PM   #3

thanks keziah,

yes I'm looking for foods that are full of good stuff not artificial things and colourings!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Exotic Short Hair
17-07-2008, 09:43 PM   #4

As far as I have found out Naomi, Natures Menu is 75% real meat as it reads on the pouch and doesnt contain any artificial stuff in it which is good, and that is what I am feeding Figo at the moment. I used to feed him Royal Canin, but I have found that James Wellbeloved is better in terms of quality of ingredients, hence I switched to JWB.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
17-07-2008, 10:23 PM   #5

I am sure I read some where that Pets @ HOme are taking out their own brand of food which is gluten free, dairy free etc etc.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
18-07-2008, 01:55 PM   #6

I agree that Natures Menu and Applaws are both good foods without additives etc

Arden Grange and Burns are other good dried foods.

18-07-2008, 03:50 PM   #7

Thankis for all the replies! There's quite a good pet shop near me that stocks burns, natures menu etc so I shall have a look i there.

I feed my chocolate labrador burns food, i didn't realise they made cat food too!

only a week til we get the kittens now!

Naomi x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
18-07-2008, 03:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by naomi_82
Thankis for all the replies! There's quite a good pet shop near me that stocks burns, natures menu etc so I shall have a look i there.

I feed my chocolate labrador burns food, i didn't realise they made cat food too!

only a week til we get the kittens now!

Naomi x
Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!

I bet you can't wait. We'll need to see pics as soon as you have the babies.