Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
26-06-2008, 11:53 AM   #1

Anglian Water - bug in water supply

I'm sure you've heard on the news about the bug found in Anglian Water's supply...........well, I live right in the heart of the affected area and it's a nightmare!!

They're saying that it's going to go on for weeks and we can't use the tap water - apart from for showering/bathing. All water for cooking, drinking, cleaning teeth and washing dishes has to be boiled and cooled first.

I went to buy some bottled water from the supermarket last night and the shelves were pretty much bare and they were rationing the amount of water you could buy

It's madness - people are panic buying water!!

Schools have been closed too.

Even the cats have now got Evian in their water bowls.........posh kitties!!!

Here's a link to the BBC News page if anyone's interested...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/n...re/7474774.stm

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
26-06-2008, 12:04 PM   #2

Re: Anglian Water - bug in water supply

Sorry to hear you're in the affected area Charlie and I can imagine the panic going on there. It makes you realise how much we take turning on a tap for granted It must be hard to get children to realise they mustn't use the tap water too..

I hope they can sort out the contamination problem very soon and you can all get back to normal.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-06-2008, 04:35 PM   #3

What a nightmare for you! That happened recently here in adjacent Montgomery county; due to a massive pipe break the water supply was contaminated (sewage!), so all tap water had to be boiled; lasted about a week before the all-clear. Bottled water vanished from store shelves everywhere...complete and utter panic! Dare I quote the cliche: You never miss the water till the well runs dry.....

Seriously, sympathy, Charlie; hope it will get cleared soon...(((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
26-06-2008, 06:00 PM   #4

Yes, I heard it yesterday just as I was coming to the junction of the A43 and the M1 . . . and I thought of you!

It's a darned nuisance but it's also good that they check the water regularly and picked it up. Otherwise there would have been a run on immodium instead of mineral water

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
26-06-2008, 06:49 PM   #5

LOL @ Yola!!!!

They're saying on the news tonight that it could be 2 weeks until it's given the all clear

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-06-2008, 08:49 PM   #6

It's horrible Charlie! I've read the news link you posted. Actually, I heard something about it on Chris Evans' show yesterday. Some lady called in that had been shopping for bottled water in another town where she worked because the shops in Northants had sold out. I do think you should get a photo of your cats drinking Evian - free bottled water for life?!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
26-06-2008, 09:53 PM   #7

Charlie, I hope you are ok for water supplies. It's like the fuel crisis isn't it and we rely so much on these basic things, it's scary when they are in short supply
Good luck. Keep safe.