Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-06-2008, 10:48 AM   #1

Monday's Thread

Morning! I'm at home today as Dominik has a high temperature so can't go to school. He's really off his food and is cuddled up asleep in my bed. He's never been ill in his life apart from one bout of chicken pox so it's horrible to see him like this.

Apart from that OH bought a new PC for home as the other one, although quite new, was seriously slooooow. He's taken it to the office as some kind of admin machine and I have this 4.5 gig whizzy thing here. It certainly makes a difference

Need to shower and wash my hair now and then I'll go out and vacuum the inside of the car as it's seriously filthy!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-06-2008, 12:05 PM   #2

Re: Monday's Thread

Morning Yola, morning all!

Overcast here but warm .... should get the washing dry in no time!

I've decided to get rid of my tomato plants this afternoon, they don't look at all healthy so I think I've persevered with them long enough ........... last year was a bad year too.

Yola,
I hope Dominik's temperature comes down soon, it's awful when you see your little ones ill isn't it ? Bed is the best place for him while he's like that.
How nice, a new PC.......what better place to try it out than here on Catsey!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-06-2008, 04:38 PM   #3

Afternoon, Yola, Mags! Partially cloudy here, 23 degrees. Severe t'storms in the area last night, some with quarter sized hail (!) , but all missed the City, thank goodness. The same predicted for this afternoon/evening...market run to the other grocery as I needed Leia's dry food which Whole Foods doesn't carry.

Yola: poor Domi, hope he improves quickly. And the new PC sounds way cool!

Mags: what a pity about the tomatoes. Are they in the same place as last year? Sometimes they need to be rotated...mine are in a new bed and doing very well this year, unlike last Summer. I have a nice crop; wish I could share some with you (if the squirrel leaves enough! )

Enjoy the day ......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
23-06-2008, 06:58 PM   #4

Hi all,
I came home this afternoon to a wonderful suprise! My OH has amazingly managed to resurrect my poor laptop (it had a nasty accident involving a kitten and a cup of tea on Saturday morning) so normal Catsey viewing is now resumed! I'm so pleased, it was a present from my mum and I can't afford to replace it.
Hope your son feels better soon Yola.
L x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
23-06-2008, 07:19 PM   #5

Hi All!
What a clever OH you have Liz, mine wouldn't know a hard drive from a teapot!
Yola hope your Domi is better soon. My Tom tried to pull a fast one on us today, just to get out of school tomorrow. No temp but complaining of bellyache; yeah right, right after a game of Star Wars with his bezzy mate
Mags, perhaps those tomato plants are like the rest of us, crying out for a bit of sun ...

Catsey Veteran

23-06-2008, 07:51 PM   #6

Great news, PL, well done to your OH!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-06-2008, 08:20 PM   #7

That's great news Liz. What an excellent reason NOT to take sugar!

Sorry about your tomatoes Mags. Rather glad I didn't bother with them this year. Got really put off by my bad experience with them last year - never had a problem before.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
23-06-2008, 08:28 PM   #8

Thanks Angie! I'm so pleased to have it back. I promise to try and upload the Imogen pictures I meant to put up over the weekend.

Catsey Veteran

23-06-2008, 08:54 PM   #9

Eagerly awaiting Imogene pics!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-06-2008, 09:37 PM   #10

Drat- I think my keyboard is dying. The new battery is not helping with the sticky keys and missed characters (or multiple characters ).

Domi's got a 39.4 fever which is very high. Doc (I took him down to the surgery this afternoon) checked him for alsorts and called it a 'Fever without focus' which means it's a temp with no other symptoms.

Have to medicate with paracetamol and watch him closely.