Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
20-06-2008, 11:36 AM   #1

Daily thread ~ Friday

Hi everyone!

Not a bad day here, overcast but dry and warm..

I've just been on a cherry stone hunt There is a huge cherry tree a few houses up the road and it's loaded with ripe cherries.......the birds are having a field day with it! The trouble is, they are carrying the cherries away with them, eating them in mid-flight and dropping the stones there and then........the gardens are covered with them. Normally I wouldn't mind but Cassie has taken to picking them up and trying to crunch them.....I'm frightened she may swallow them thinking they are biscuits..

Have a nice day and a lovely weekend all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-06-2008, 04:43 PM   #2

Re: Daily thread ~ Friday

Afternoon, Mags, and happy Summer Solstice to you and all! Where is everyone? It's sunny and a bit warmer today, 23 degrees. Nothing new here, just the usual routine.
That's scary about the cherry stones; hope you find them all, or at least most of them. Do they ever sprout in the garden the way acorns do? Maybe you could grow your own cherry tree! Although fruit trees can be messy and attract wasps and hornets when the fruit drops and ferments.

Enjoy the day ......

Global Moderator

20-06-2008, 05:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Afternoon, Mags, and happy Summer Solstice to you and all! Where is everyone? It's sunny and a bit warmer today, 23 degrees. Nothing new here, just the usual routine.
That's scary about the cherry stones; hope you find them all, or at least most of them. Do they ever sprout in the garden the way acorns do? Maybe you could grow your own cherry tree! Although fruit trees can be messy and attract wasps and hornets when the fruit drops and ferments.

Enjoy the day ......
I'm not sure Eileen, they may have done and I've pulled them out thinking they were weeds..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-06-2008, 05:46 PM   #4

Hi - I'm here Just too busy to post running between household things, gardening, food shopping, taxi-ing and ministering to junior's tantrums

They're eating dinner at the moment so I have about 30 second's of peace before one kind of hell or another breaks loose . . .

Weather's been tollerable most of the day however, rain now seems to be settling in. Temperature's dropped too.

I'm off to the gym tonight and have low-maintenance Waitrose curry waiting for after

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
20-06-2008, 06:14 PM   #5

Getting ready for our holiday, sorted out most of my clothing, just had a St Tropez spray tan done. Having Pizza tonight and some wine

Global Moderator

20-06-2008, 06:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
Getting ready for our holiday, sorted out most of my clothing, just had a St Tropez spray tan done. Having Pizza tonight and some wine
What date are you going Emma?

Catsey Veteran

20-06-2008, 06:52 PM   #7

Flying out tomorrow afternoon Mags, at about 3pm cannot wait

Global Moderator

20-06-2008, 07:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
Flying out tomorrow afternoon Mags, at about 3pm cannot wait
I didn't realise it was that soon Emma!

Have a great, great time and a good rest....you'll have a lovely tan when you come back. Take lots of pics as I would like to see what that part of Egypt is like..

.......and don't forget the Movenpick ice cream

Catsey Veteran

20-06-2008, 07:12 PM   #9

Thanks Mags, we will take loads of photos

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
20-06-2008, 07:21 PM   #10

Hi all,
Thank god it's Friday! Exhausting day at work with some big highs and lows. Assisted with a heart-breaking PTS this morning but a cat caesarian this afternoon with two beautiful babies.
Looking forward to my lie-in tomorrow though.
L xxx