Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Domestic Shorthairs & Longhair
14-03-2008, 09:33 PM   #1

Overpronation - Fed Up

Just got back from my physio session and turns out that following my fracture I now overpronate basically meaning that my foot collapses at the arch, and rolls inwards, rotating my whole leg.

He doesn't think there's really going to be anything they can do to correct it, just a case of getting some good supportive trainers and/or some orthotics - great

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
14-03-2008, 09:44 PM   #2

Re: Overpronation - Fed Up

Not really the outcome you wanted Amber. I am sorry that it can't be corrected. Hope it doesn't give you pain too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
14-03-2008, 09:45 PM   #3

Oh dear, cannt he give you, sorry to say it, more excersises to do to correct it?
I have fallen arches and developed really bad pain in my knees because of it. Basically, because my arches had dropped, I too was walking on the inside of my feet which in turn knocked my knee caps out of line, which is what was giving me so much pain.
My doctor wanted to give me anti inflamatories but I insisted that it needed to be fixed, so I got physio, got some excersises which helped greatly.

Catsey Senior

14-03-2008, 10:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Oh dear, cannt he give you, sorry to say it, more excersises to do to correct it?
I have fallen arches and developed really bad pain in my knees because of it. Basically, because my arches had dropped, I too was walking on the inside of my feet which in turn knocked my knee caps out of line, which is what was giving me so much pain.
My doctor wanted to give me anti inflamatories but I insisted that it needed to be fixed, so I got physio, got some excersises which helped greatly.
he did say that in most cases he would be looking at a cure situation, but in my particular case it's more than likely we are looking at preventatives, such as the correct trainers to hold my foot in the correct position etc. I trust him totally as he's been fantastic with me and has helped me no end - it's the fracture of my kneecap that's led to this and the way it has healed has been the main contribution.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-03-2008, 10:53 PM   #5

I'm so sorry to hear this, Amber, what a bummer! Good orthotics may be the way to go.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
14-03-2008, 10:57 PM   #6

Thats such a shame Amber, hugs to you xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-03-2008, 12:31 PM   #7

It is a real shame Amber but if corrective trainers help and keep you out of pain ..... not always the fashion statement you'd probably want to make I know (this from a woman who HAS TO HAVE COMFORTABLE FEET!) and perhaps you could get a support to stick into summer sandals - they do make 'em I'm sure. Have a look on the web.

Catsey Senior

15-03-2008, 04:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
It is a real shame Amber but if corrective trainers help and keep you out of pain ..... not always the fashion statement you'd probably want to make I know (this from a woman who HAS TO HAVE COMFORTABLE FEET!) and perhaps you could get a support to stick into summer sandals - they do make 'em I'm sure. Have a look on the web.
I've ordered myself a pair of Asics trainers as they didn't have my size in the shop, should hopefully have those by the end of the week! Have also been looking at orthotics to stick inside my other shoes too, for now my physiotherapist has made me some foam wedges to stick inside my shoe until I get some propper ones

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-03-2008, 04:41 PM   #9

You might like to have a look at this website Amber
http://www.footcareonline.co.uk/flat_feet.htm

They seem to have various supports for all sorts of foot/leg problems.

Catsey Senior

15-03-2008, 08:38 PM   #10

Thanks angie they are exactly the type of things my physiotherapist was talking about he did show me the website and the exact ones I was looking for but I couldn't remember the address the ones at the top are the ones he meant