Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
17-02-2008, 10:36 AM   #1

Bernie

Just gave me the fright of my life. Not long out of bed, having a cuppa and checking emails when Bernie let out the most blood curdling scream. I ran into the living room, in the darkness i could see him lying aukwardly down by the sofa, he was crying and growling.
I ran to put the light on, called on Graham who ran through to see what was going on, I scooped up Eva to get her out of the way.
We have a scratching post by the sofa, looks like Bernie had somehow managed to get his hind leg tangled in the string of the toy that's attached to it. He is fine now but oh my god what a fright.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
17-02-2008, 10:42 AM   #2

Re: Bernie

Oooooch. Not a good start to the day. Glad all is well

Catsey Veteran

17-02-2008, 10:57 AM   #3

Just glad it happened when we were here to free him, dread to think what the outcome would have been if we were both out at work
All toys on string have now been removed from all scratch posts.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
17-02-2008, 11:15 AM   #4

oh my Elaine! I bet your heart was going like the clappers. Extra spoiling for mummys boy today I think.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
17-02-2008, 11:30 AM   #5

Poor Bernie, hope he's ok

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-02-2008, 01:12 PM   #6

OMG Elaine. So glad Bernie is OK. You never know when something like a piece of string is going to catch them out! Merlin is very glad Bernie has come to no harm.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
17-02-2008, 01:29 PM   #7

Eeeek poor Bernie!! Glad he's OK, lots of extra cuddles from us! Nice cup of tea for you to calm down with too!

Catsey Veteran

17-02-2008, 03:40 PM   #8

Bernie has been well and trully cuddled. My poor guy was so scared and very hissy spitty, he has had a thorough check over and is absolutely fine.
What a fright though, I remember when Eva was just a little kitten, she had got her hind leg tangled in the rope of one of those fishing pole type toys, again fortunately I was here when it happened and got her free. I generally only buy the feathered fishing pole toys now although i do the da bird which is on string and I always put it away safely after playing but had never given that much thought to the toys that come attached to scratching posts.
All's well that ends well and thats another lesson learned about what can harm our dear kitties when we may not be around.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
17-02-2008, 05:10 PM   #9

oh my poor baby bernie boo,give him extra cuddles from me,that must have been so scarey Elaine,it really is a good job you were there

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-02-2008, 05:13 PM   #10

OMG, Elaine, how lucky that it happened when you were home! What a dreadful scare to start the day; something like that never occurred to me! Fortunately I'd simply taken the toy-on-a-string off Leia's tree as she didn't play with it.....she sends sympathy to Bernie, as so I....and a big to you!