Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-02-2008, 10:20 PM   #1

Killed a cat tonight

Well tonight I killed a Cat, a black white cat who just ran out in front of the car or under it hard to say, so quick. I was only pottering but I hit him killing him outright (Thankfuly in one respect, dont mean that to sound heartless) he had a collar on and I ran the number a lady answered and I asked if they had a cat black white, she said yes, I said where I was (road name) and she said that just outside my house she lived on the road not a main road. I said I outside XYZ and she again confirmed I was right outside in fact her house I asked if she could come to the door I saw her and walked ver explaining I had just killed her cat. she was heartbroken but very very nice to me. But just really as I would have been to someone. I'd wrapped the cat in the tartan picnic blanket I keep in the boot. Offered to take her to the vets or somewhere, gave her my phone number and name and apologised again.

Her husband I think came out and thanked me for contacting them and carried the cat home seems he was his cat.

The lady was very nice the cats name is Oliver. So RIP Oliver.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-02-2008, 10:45 PM   #2

Re: Killed a cat tonight

Oh Karen, what a horrible experience for you, and for the poor owners!!! They dart so fast, nothing you could have done... but at least they know what happened and won't be wondering and worrying ...

RIP, little Oliver, play at the Bridge...

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Siamese.Maine Coon. moggies
07-02-2008, 10:59 PM   #3

oh Kazz...its such an awful thing to happen all round. Its happened to me and you keep running it through in your head, wondering 'what if' this and 'what if' that. Just be comforted that you were able to let the owners know what happened and that the little fella didn't suffer....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-02-2008, 11:07 PM   #4

I know its not my fault and as a cat owner and one who lost her first cat Archie to RTA I know cats and roads just do not mix.
But I am so sorry.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-02-2008, 11:35 PM   #5

Oh Kazz .....I'm so sorry that happened to you of all people cats are so fast that even at a slow speed there was nothing you could have done to prevent it.

You were kind enough to trace the owner to let her know ....... also you took the trouble to wrap the poor boy in your blanket before she saw him.

Run free at the bridge Oliver...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
07-02-2008, 11:38 PM   #6

Oh dear Kazz how awful. I have never been in this situation and don't know what I what I would do. Thank god you have done all the right things in informing the owners. I know I would want that if it was mine.
Good on them for having a collar on the cat too so you were able to do that.
I am so glad Denis is harnessed, I couldn't stand the pain for myself and for the unfortunate driver, such as yourself Kazz. Sorry you had to go through that experience.
Rip in Oliver

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-02-2008, 11:41 PM   #7

Oh Kazz - lots of sympathy to you, Oliver and his people. Nothing you could have done as you know, but makes you feel sick doesn't it? Lol. RIP Oliver.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
07-02-2008, 11:43 PM   #8

Oh no How absolutely awful for you Kazz and the cat's owners RIP Oliver x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
07-02-2008, 11:50 PM   #9

How awful Kazz but at least the owners know what happened to their beloved pet. It is much better knowing than not.

RIP Oliver.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-02-2008, 11:50 PM   #10

So very sorry you had to experience it. So very sorry for poor Oliver and his folks too Bad all around I'm afraid. But you were very brave and did a very kind thing in contacting the owners. Thankfully it was quick, and Oliver knew nothing

It is something that is constantly running through my head at all times that I'm in the car. I have this awful feeling that one day it is going to happen.