Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Trinity(DSH) Neo(RagxPer)Lily(Rag)
04-02-2008, 03:14 PM   #1

Trinity is looking for a friend

Hi everyone

As you know we had the most awful news that Trixie died due to a RTA. Trinity hasn't been doing to well and we took her to the vets again today to see if we could do anything and he mentioned again getting her a friend to distract her. What do you guys think? I have rang the rescues in my area and there are no cats suitable and they have suggested a kitten may be better, there was no kittens either. I feel as if I am replacing Trixie which just cannot be done she was the most special little angel ever. It has been said sooner rather than later and Trinity is in such a state she won't go out she just seems to lie around which is so unusual for her. Any help would be most appriciated.

xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-02-2008, 03:35 PM   #2

Re: Trinity is looking for a friend

Oh dear Ellenlouise - poor Trinity does sound to be grieving badly. I am sorry to say I can't advise you what to do - you naturally feel ambivalent to the idea of (as you see it at the moment) "replacing" Trixie - but you know you wouldn't really be doing this, you'd just be helping Trinity to get over her grief. I wonder whether it would help if you spoke to an animal behaviourist - I am sure I have seen links to someone somewhere on Catsey. I bet someone else will quickly be along to advise you. You have all my sympathy. Lol.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
04-02-2008, 04:27 PM   #3

EL - if you are unsure it might be better to wait. However - I bet if you could get to a rescue and see babies in need of a home you might come round.

Have a look at this Snuggle Kitten http://www.ultimateanimals.co.uk/aca...pupp ies.html

or look at Cuddle Pets microwaveable warm 'teddy-friends'

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-02-2008, 05:40 PM   #4

Don't think of it as "replacing" Trixie; she can't be replaced, she was unique. But Trinity is obviously grieving; and you have love to give to another cat. I think the longer you wait the harder it will be; just my opinion......(((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
04-02-2008, 07:15 PM   #5

Have you tried Ming Smudgley Glous is not far from Smudgley she rehomes everywhere.

Maybe a young adult would be better one already suited to living with other cats, rather than a kitten but you never know and you know your own cat better than anyone. And maybe an oldie would suit you down to the ground.

Take a breath sleep on it and then look into it, it is a hard descision but one you I think have decided is right already a friend for Trinity.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-02-2008, 09:14 PM   #6

Great idea about PMing Smudgley! Do let us what you decide and how poor Trinity is doing......

Catsey Senior

05-02-2008, 05:29 PM   #7

Spoken to Smudgley and none at the moment. Also none at any of the local resuce places

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
05-02-2008, 06:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenlouise
Spoken to Smudgley and none at the moment. Also none at any of the local resuce places

i'm on the lookout though

Catsey Senior

05-02-2008, 06:46 PM   #9

Thanks Smudgley

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-02-2008, 07:13 PM   #10

Given Smudgley's track record I would keep the car engine running ellenloouise..........