Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
15-01-2008, 09:49 PM   #1

Good day

I have had such a good day that I wanted to share it.

We started a music award for the young people and it is going down a storm. They have to mix a CD, with scratching, decks, instruments, rapping, singing and a computer programme of sounds. The kids love it so much. One young lad was very apprehensive about playing the drums, but I could tell he desperately wanted to try so with mountains of encouragement he had a go and he was a natural, (the next John Bonham maybe??) anyway he physically grew with the praise and encouragement. I do so love my job. The children I work with have nothing. No money, no hopes, dreams, aspirations, confidence, self esteem for one reason or another and yet they are some of the most fantastic people I have ever met who teach me so much about myself.
So I am feeling really content and humle too X

Then I went to Tesco and they had a sale on of pet toys and food etc. Denis got a 3 way crinkle tunnel £12 (can't get him out of it) and a glove with hanging mice on £1 I will post pics soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-01-2008, 10:32 PM   #2

Re: Good day

BC, what a heartwarming post, and thanks for sharing that with us: it made me feel so good just knowing that there are people like you out there! The bit about the shy little boy actually brought a tear to my eyes...well done, you!

On a less serious note, I've never heard of a three way crinkle tunnel...but suspect I want one, as Leia loves her regular one so much. Pics definitely, please!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
15-01-2008, 10:40 PM   #3

so good to hear of kids doing something good with their lives, all they want to do is *hang out* around the local shops hassling ppl here.

Catsey Veteran

15-01-2008, 10:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
BC, what a heartwarming post, and thanks for sharing that with us: it made me feel so good just knowing that there are people like you out there! The bit about the shy little boy actually brought a tear to my eyes...well done, you!

On a less serious note, I've never heard of a three way crinkle tunnel...but suspect I want one, as Leia loves her regular one so much. Pics definitely, please!!!
Thank you dandy (that's brought a tear to my eye now)

pics are on their way

Catsey Veteran

15-01-2008, 10:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys mum
so good to hear of kids doing something good with their lives, all they want to do is *hang out* around the local shops hassling ppl here.

That's the thing though there is nothing else for them to do especially when they have no money or families who don't provide their entertaiment

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
16-01-2008, 06:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycakes
That's the thing though there is nothing else for them to do especially when they have no money or families who don't provide their entertaiment
some of them hang around waiting for their parents to come out the pub. but they cause loads of probs for the passersby.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
16-01-2008, 06:05 PM   #7

Yay!
A really good day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-01-2008, 06:11 PM   #8

What an excellent day. I am proud to say I "know" someone like you. Well done girl.

Catsey Veteran

16-01-2008, 11:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
What an excellent day. I am proud to say I "know" someone like you. Well done girl.
Thankyou so much that was really really nice X

Catsey Veteran

16-01-2008, 11:10 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys mum
some of them hang around waiting for their parents to come out the pub. but they cause loads of probs for the passersby.

And that's sad in itself. Just think what emotional difficulties they must be going through to have to act like it all isn't bothering them but they hang around waiting!!

If parents were parents and didn't think that that children should entertain themselves whilst they have a life then the world would be a better place. Children are not born bad they learn it from who should be the best teachers they should have.