Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
14-01-2008, 10:37 PM   #1

Can some one give me

A boost of energy or a kick up the bum, which ever is easier
I just feel so damned tired and drained of energy just now, I think its the january blues setting in. I get so fed up and disinterested at this time of year.
Bring on the spring time and a little more daylight please.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-01-2008, 10:42 PM   #2

Re: Can some one give me

1000mg Vitamin C. They make you feel better in terms of physical energy. Try a sunbed to make you actually 'feel' better in yourself . . . I do it when I have time (like once every couple of weeks) and it just makes SUCH a difference!

I guess you guys that much further north tend to suffer more with the very short days. I too say bring on spring - not a moment too soon

Apart from that, just let me go and get my pointy Gucci patent boots on and I'll oblige with that kick . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
14-01-2008, 10:43 PM   #3

Do you know I have had 5 conversations with people at work today along those very lines. And today I was told I look totaly stressed, I wasn't, but I was told I appeared to be stressed. Think its very much the January blues kicking in.

And the weekend just gone was apparently the weekend where the most people are skint what with Jan being a long month.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
14-01-2008, 10:44 PM   #4

I'd give you some of my energy if I had any Elaine, I am feeling exactly the same as you right now, thoroughly drained

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
14-01-2008, 10:48 PM   #5

I always get like this around Jan/Feb, not quite as bad as I used to, I used to get really depressed and just shut myself off from people alot.
Do you know Yola, I used to do just that, the vitamin C and the ocasional sunbed and it did make me feel a little better. Thanx for mentioning it and reminding me.
Kazz, I used to tell people that the Scots always looked so pinched and bad tempered because we walk around all hunched and huddled in the cold damp weather. We ARE such a miserable breed

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-01-2008, 10:49 PM   #6

Do you think it is a seasonal thing? My skin and hair are horrible, despite religious cleaning routines (esp skin). I feel drab and dull, not especially depressed or anything just frumpy in the extreme

I was looking in the mirror thinking I not only look my age but 10 years older rather than what people usually tell me; 10 years younger (fibbers, I know)!! Never thought it could be a 'time of year' thing . . . I know DM sets great store by the January Blues . . . who knows?

Fran, I'm totally not surprised you've no energy, you've had a few months recently that would certainly have left me a gibbering wreck

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-01-2008, 10:50 PM   #7

Try this Elaine......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
14-01-2008, 10:52 PM   #8

Going to the gym has massively improved my energy I hope you regain yours soon Elaine, just think Spring is just around the corner

Catsey Veteran

14-01-2008, 10:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Mags over the years you have totaly changed, I just had to let you know that one time you would never have posted that But it is funny.

Catsey Veteran

14-01-2008, 10:55 PM   #10

Just to let you all know I have eaten the best part of 30 satsuma's over the last fortnight or so.