Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 5 magical moggies
14-01-2008, 10:03 PM   #1

Something to keep forever....

My friends husband got her a lovely gift for Christmas. it was his wedding ring finger print and the childrens finger print in silver and made into a charm for her key ring and mobile. I sat and thought how wonderful it would be to get one of my cats paw prints captured forever. I have had 4 lovely water colours done of our first 4 - Jasper, Willow, Amber and Jefferson and it is lovely to see them with Jasper and Amber no longer with us. I also have a little box with some of their fur in too, in my jewellery box. But this paw print idea has really got me.

So I am going to try to take Jefferson's paw print as he is "my boy" and have it put onto a hand bag charm. i just think to have something like that would be really special. I hand reared him and to have that paw captured in something forever that treaded you, has chased, played and bitten you and left paw prints on your heart is a nice idea,

I have found someone who has been thinking of doing animal prints and she has sent me the stuff to give it a go so I am going to try tomorrow to get jeffersons print in a mould. If I get a good paw print in the mould I will send it back to this lady and she will let me know if she can turn it into something. To have a handbag charm made in silver will cost me around the £40 mark but I think that is not bad for something so special. I can clip it onto my bag and see it every day and when I go away I can take it with me.

Am I nuts thinking this is a nice idea and what do you think of the price? My hubby isn't too sure but he knows I want something special of jefferson and I thought this was ideal. What do you think?????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
14-01-2008, 10:14 PM   #2

Re: Something to keep forever....

I think thats a lovely idea and £40 isnt an awful lot for a special keepsake.
Might try that with the Diva but I bet she rips my face off first

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
14-01-2008, 10:25 PM   #3

I think that is a beautiful idea. Please let us know how it turns out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
14-01-2008, 10:28 PM   #4

I think it is really lovely too and may do it myself. There are model sets for childrens handprints in bookshops which are cheaper you could practice first with them I suppose

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-01-2008, 12:05 AM   #5

I think it is a really lovely idea. Do let us all know how it turns out. I don't think £40 is very expensive for such a long lasting keepsake of Jefferson.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-01-2008, 12:46 AM   #6

That's a great idea, and very touching! Do let us know if you decide to do it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
15-01-2008, 12:56 AM   #7

My friend at work has a gold necklace & on it are her 2 daughters fingerprints imprinted onto oval shaped gold "things" it is one of the most beauriful things I have ever seen. It nearly brought a tear to my eye, it's just so sweet. Her hubby got it for a surprise. their girls are 3 & 5.

I think this sounds great.

do let us know how it goes.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 5 magical moggies
15-01-2008, 09:02 AM   #8

well I'm glad you think it is a nice idea and understand where I am coming from with it Shall let you know how it goes

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
15-01-2008, 04:01 PM   #9

I think it's a fantastic Idea! I was thinking the other day of trying to make a plaster cast of a cat pawprint made into a display like you can get with kids foot / hand prints hehe. I hadn't gotten much further than just thinking about it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-01-2008, 05:19 PM   #10

LOL, Grete, getting them to sit still and let you take their paw for an imprint probably won't be easy! One year I decided I'd have Su-ling, my Siamese, put his paw print on my Christmas cards....well, I managed to do two before he decided this was a bad idea! And touching Leia's feet is a no-no!! Tummy, OK, feet...forget it!!!