Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggie - Molly Moo!
01-12-2007, 08:33 PM   #1

New Addition - Possibly?

Well following on from my other thread we maybe welcoming a new addition into the house sometime next year depending on Molly of Course!!
We need a bit of advice please first and some information would be great aswell We were originally after a puppy which we are still considering but I have fallen in love with Ragdoll's and BSH. A friend of mine has a beautiful Blue BSH and he is so laid back but MASSIVE I just wondered with Molly being quite nervous we are looking for a laid back cat to join us but out of the two breeds which one do you think would get on better with her?
Also if you have any advice it would all be greatfully recieved, Thanks

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-12-2007, 10:01 PM   #2

Re: New Addition - Possibly?

I'm not really familiar with either breed, although I do understand that they are both rather laid back cats, especially the Ragdoll. We have members with both breeds here; someone will probably be on later with answers..Saturday is usually a rather slow day here.
I do agree that with Molly's temperament a quieter cat would be easier for her to adjust to.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-12-2007, 10:41 AM   #3

Well Hello and we have people here with both breeds sure they will be able to advise. I know BSH are huggggggeeee cats when adults....

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: BSH x2
swerv is Male
02-12-2007, 12:58 PM   #4

we got 2 BSH and they are very chilled out, the boys are more relaxed than the girls so many people tell me and thats the case with ours as well.

they are very heavy cats, at 5 months old already weighing just over 3kg.

oh and they can be quite blonde at times....lol