Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: na
29-11-2007, 01:05 PM   #1

Can somebody answer me

hello

first timer here.

Small question.

I have been basically owning a cat that came around my house in the summertime - he/she was only a kitten then. She basically lives with me now - she is waiting for me when I get home from work and I take her inside, feed her, bought her a litterbox, the whole works.

I went away for two weeks - she was waiting for me when I got back (I had a neighbour feed her/him)

The day before yesterday I let her out in the morning - she never came back - she hasn't been seen since. Last night I was calling her in the garden - this big tom cat (who hangs around but never "says" anything) came up and starting talking to me which he never did before.

Still there is no sign of my little adopted cat.

Is this normal for her/him to wander for a few days. I have driven around and there is no sign of any accident or any cat dead on the road or anything.

I didn't think I would miss her/him but I really do.

please tell me it is normal and she will come back

(ps. I don't actually know if the cat is a he or she).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
29-11-2007, 01:27 PM   #2

Re: Can somebody answer me

I think you should make a desicion weather you want to own this cat or not & if you do, then I'd suggest a vet check to get the cat sexed / wormed/ neutered etc.
The chances are the cat is female & if a tom cat is chasing her, he is probably trying to mate her... which means she will be having a litter soon if she gets pregnant, which is probably not the best thing for a young cat.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
29-11-2007, 01:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleasehelp
hello

first timer here.

Small question.

I have been basically owning a cat that came around my house in the summertime - he/she was only a kitten then. She basically lives with me now - she is waiting for me when I get home from work and I take her inside, feed her, bought her a litterbox, the whole works.

I went away for two weeks - she was waiting for me when I got back (I had a neighbour feed her/him)

The day before yesterday I let her out in the morning - she never came back - she hasn't been seen since. Last night I was calling her in the garden - this big tom cat (who hangs around but never "says" anything) came up and starting talking to me which he never did before.

Still there is no sign of my little adopted cat.

Is this normal for her/him to wander for a few days. I have driven around and there is no sign of any accident or any cat dead on the road or anything.

I didn't think I would miss her/him but I really do.

please tell me it is normal and she will come back

(ps. I don't actually know if the cat is a he or she).
I presume you think the cat is female as you mainly refer to the cat as a female.

Also you quote that you are missing your adopted cat, maybe you should get her health checked & put a collar on her with an id tag or get her microchipped when she returns.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
29-11-2007, 02:03 PM   #4

I can't really add anything to what Smudgely said, I hope she does come back tho and do get her checked/vaccinated and spayed (or neutered).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
29-11-2007, 02:29 PM   #5

Do you think somebody else might also be looking after him/her? Cats are good at claiming several homes as their own in order to maximise feeding

I think Smudgely's right though - you obviously care about this cat, it would be lovely if you could give it a name and a proper home (circumstances permitting of course).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
29-11-2007, 02:43 PM   #6

Warm welcome to Catsey, I can not add any more than the advice above...

Catsey Junior

29-11-2007, 03:53 PM   #7

I know - I had been planning on getting her/him neutered because she was always at my house and in my house and I was spending a fortune on food and catmilk for her. Its just that I didn't realise I liked her so much until she vanished.

She hasn't come back yet as we speak but as soon as I see her she is getting a collar on her and she is getting neutered.

I hope she is okay

My OH keeps telling me its quite normal for cats to go away for a few days. I don't really belive him because she was too much of a baby to just vanish. She was basically like a small child.

In reality, is it normal for her to just vanish like that.

sorry, I keep talking about the cat as if its a HER - Im not really sure - ( I cant tell) she is a very young cat. I do have her named.

thank you for all your replies

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
29-11-2007, 04:08 PM   #8

I hope s/he's OK too. Why not walk around with some dried food (if that's what she eats); rattle the box and see if she comes running. Maybe she's locked in somewhere? Try printing out little notes and pushing them through doors locally. Basically do all the stuff you'd do if it was actually your cat that went missing . . . notes in newsagents' windows, on vets noticboards, on lampposts.

Also put something out in your garden that smells of you and your home that she might find familiar and reassuring. Just in case she's lost her bearings.

Good luck, please do let us know how you get on.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-11-2007, 04:23 PM   #9

I hope she's ok and returns home to you...

I am wondering if she may have belonged to someone before she wandered into your house ...... could her previous owner perhaps had found her again?

Was she shut indoors throughout the night when she was with you?

Catsey Junior

29-11-2007, 04:44 PM   #10

ya she was indoors with me all night - she taught herself how to open the bedroom door and come in at night. She had her own chair in the sitting room