Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-11-2007, 10:43 PM   #1

Are some cats telepathic?

I think sometimes that Leia can read my mind! She was on my lap earlier having a light nap when I realized it was time to go to the kitchen to put on the beans that had been soaking, and that I'd have to disturb her. She promptly left my lap before I'd even stirred a bit, and this has not been the first time she's done this. I suppose it must be some subtle body language that she's reading, but it really is odd...

Any comments?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
20-11-2007, 11:00 PM   #2

Re: Are some cats telepathic?

Could it just be she knows your routine,? mine know when I am going to do something, I think because I tend to do it the same time each day...

Catsey Veteran

20-11-2007, 11:09 PM   #3

Definitely a possibility, Moli, as I do the same; but sometimes she does it when I just suddenly need to get up and do something, like am out of cigarettes or hear something strange outside and need to go and check...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
20-11-2007, 11:10 PM   #4

Sometimes I wonder. Robert says that the amount of times Broxi has suddenly got up and gone to sit at the fromt door, then 5 mins later I walk in!! I know cats have good hearing, but not that good lol!

Catsey Veteran

20-11-2007, 11:18 PM   #5

Wow, Alex, my late Siamese did that! Dad said about 5 minutes before I was due home he'd get up and sit in the window waiting......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
21-11-2007, 01:16 AM   #6

Heheh DM I often think that but I then go on to think cats understand routine very well, also have exceptional hearing so can hear a familiar car coming from a way away, or recognise a certain footstep approaching. Exceptional smell of course and can feel things like a miniscule muscle change in a leg signalling a position move.

Some cats have better senses than others or on the other hand, just don't care

What would we do without them???

Catsey Veteran

21-11-2007, 03:18 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grete
Heheh DM I often think that but I then go on to think cats understand routine very well, also have exceptional hearing so can hear a familiar car coming from a way away, or recognise a certain footstep approaching. Exceptional smell of course and can feel things like a miniscule muscle change in a leg signalling a position move.

Some cats have better senses than others or on the other hand, just don't care

What would we do without them???
That's what I was thinking when I mentioned body language; think that's probably it, although I have never been conscious of doing it...apparently she gets it...

Yes, what would we do without them!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
21-11-2007, 09:11 AM   #8

Bernie seems to do the exact opposite, he waits till I am about to get up to do something and then jumps up to sit on my lap
They are both always waiting for me at the door but thats coz they hear my keys jingling and my footsteps on the stairs, they give me a very warm and vocal welcome coz they know they get fed when i get home
Eva is also a very good alarm clock and always wakes me just before the alarm goes off by jumping with heavy feet onto my bladder

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
21-11-2007, 10:43 AM   #9

I was told a story years ago by an X's mother. When he was in the army he didn't keep intouch very well. They never knew when he would be home on leave but the cat did.
She used to sit at the window for about 30 mins before he came home. It wasn't till she had done it a few times that they realised the link. Any other time she never sat at the window.

Catsey Veteran

21-11-2007, 05:04 PM   #10

Wow, that is an eerie story .......