Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Cross-breed (Maine Coon)
17-11-2007, 02:20 PM   #1

Hello :)

Hello Everyone

My name is Gaina, I'm 34 and I live in Somerset with my Cat Billy who is a 9 year old dark tabby. We think (and my vet agrees) there's some Maine Coon in his blood, as he has the characteristic 'rings' on his tail as well as the dense fur and a rather sweet habit of 'chatting' to you .

I stumbled on this forum because he had his boosters on Wednesday and is a bit under the weather, although he's eating and drinking (but his appetite isn't as hearty as usual). I was looking for information on the symptoms of 'post-booster-ickyness' and I see that it's not unusual for them to be a bit groggy after their boosters. He was happy to eat a little bit of cheese just now, which is his favourite thing - whenever he doesn't want that, it's a good indicator that he's poorly - so I am not too alarmed just at the moment. I'll just leave him nice a quiet and see how he goes over the weekend

This seems like a very friendly forum, which helped my decision to subscribe and I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Bye for now,

Gaina

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-11-2007, 03:07 PM   #2

Re: Hello :)

Warm welcome Your cat sounds gorgeous! As you have found out already, some cats can be slightly under the weather after their boosters. I'd keep an eye on him and if you are worried in any way, get your vet to check him over.

Looking forward to chatting to you and if you need help to post piccies, this link may help you...

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=8195

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-11-2007, 03:15 PM   #3

Hi Gaina! Welcome to Catsey! I have not been a member for long, but all these cat lovers are really friendly, kind and supportive. Hope Billy perks up soon - sure he will.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: Bengal
17-11-2007, 04:04 PM   #4

Hi and welcome

Catsey Junior

17-11-2007, 04:54 PM   #5

Thank you for the warm welcome .

This is the best photo I have of Billy at the moment. I shall try to get a 'full body' photo of him in his winter coat because he's quite an impressive little fella

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
17-11-2007, 05:28 PM   #6

Hi, warm welcome to Catsey, Billy is a beauty...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
17-11-2007, 06:13 PM   #7

Welcome to Catsey Gaina, WOW Billy is a handsome boy!

My cats always suffer a bit of post booster blues - they are very quiet and sleepy for a day or so but bounce right back. I think it's a combination of vaccinations plus stress from the whole box-car-vet thing.

Look forwards to seeing more pics of Billy

Catsey Junior

17-11-2007, 06:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grete
Welcome to Catsey Gaina, WOW Billy is a handsome boy!

My cats always suffer a bit of post booster blues - they are very quiet and sleepy for a day or so but bounce right back. I think it's a combination of vaccinations plus stress from the whole box-car-vet thing.

Look forwards to seeing more pics of Billy
Thanks for the info Grete, I'm sure he'll be on the rampage again very soon

The funny thing was, he was really chilled out about his visit to the vet. He likes this one in particular because she always gives him a brush to make sure he's got no 'lodgers' as part of the check up (he's religiously de-flea'd so she never finds anything) and he loves it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-11-2007, 06:49 PM   #9

Wow! Billy is gorgeous!!! Looking forward to more piccies of him

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-11-2007, 07:02 PM   #10

Hi and welcome aboard