Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
08-11-2007, 10:29 PM   #1

Foster cat update

Just thougt I'd let you know where things stand with my foster cats at the moment. I still have Belle and her babies, well 5 of them now. Dave the little deaf one went to this new home last week and is ruling the roost and keeping Chico the persian in line . I did have someone lined up to take Belle and a kitten but they failed the home visit and a lady who was supposed to be coming to see my tabby boys tonight didn't turn up So Icicle, Idge, Ivor, Ian and Isaac (and Belle) are all vacc'd, neutered and waiting for their new homes!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
08-11-2007, 10:41 PM   #2

Re: Foster cat update

Sorry they have not got their forever homes. And those who promised to view never showed. Figers crossed here for them all. Any pics?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
08-11-2007, 10:43 PM   #3

How can they fail a home visit?

Catsey Veteran

08-11-2007, 10:49 PM   #4

apparently they lived beside an extremely busy road!!! As I dont do home visits I've no idea what the criteria is!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-11-2007, 10:53 PM   #5

This criteria stuff really needs to be standardised and regulated. It's far too subjective at present. I live on a VERY busy road and all my cats are (and have been) very safe from day 1!

I hope your cats/kittens find good, loving homes soon Alex. We too, are overrun by (especially) kittens at the moment.

Catsey Veteran

08-11-2007, 10:57 PM   #6

I agree with you Yola, I was down that road today and I dint't think it was a particularly busy one, but I dont make the decisions, so not a lot I could do. I did feel so sorry for the lady though, as she's one of the mums from my daughters school and is a lovely lady. She has now just gone and bought a kitten from the local pet shop instead, and I cant help thinking it should have been one of my kittens!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
08-11-2007, 10:59 PM   #7

yep. That's the problem, we make all these rules & criteria & turn people down & what do they do then? They go & buy a moggy kitten from elsewhere, we've lost a potential home...... they are encouraging moggy breeding. (not aimed at you personally Alex, just rescues on the whole)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-11-2007, 11:01 PM   #8

I was wondering how you fail a home visit.....such a shame another profit for "pet shop bred moggies" and a minus for cats protection.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-11-2007, 11:02 PM   #9

Yes, Alex. This is where the charities kind of shoot themselves in the foot - people just go elsewhere. It's just one person's assessment of a situation rather than working to a predetermined set of guidelines.

If you've spent your life living in a cul-de-sac you will naturally consider most roads busy. If you (like me) live on a main arterial road out of town, you get to understand what is and isn't a danger and can make assessments and apply conditions in order to work with most locations!

Maybe a point to raise with CP centrally . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-11-2007, 11:02 PM   #10

Great minds ther Smudgley.