Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-11-2007, 09:58 PM   #1

Leia and Onyx

As you may remember, I've been unable to coax Onyx on the porch after her unfortunate run in, well assault, actually! She surprised me very much by coming in on her own after tea, and was looking around and sniffing things. Aha, good sign, I think.
Well Leia had been napping in her tunnel when I went out. She wasn't now. She was standing on her hind legs peering out the glass part of the storm door glaring at Onyx, and let out an awfully loud meow! Onyx turned, saw the face glaring at her and lit out as if her tail were in fire...
Doesn't sound too promising, does it....(heavy sigh...)

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-11-2007, 10:01 PM   #2

Re: Leia and Onyx

You never know Eileen, now that Onyx's scent is in the house Leia may start to become more tolerant... Onyx is definitely getting a lot more confident though!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
08-11-2007, 10:02 PM   #3

It's early days Eileen, I wouldn't give up hope. Onyx might persist at trying to come in with the temperature dropping. Fingers crossed x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
08-11-2007, 10:10 PM   #4

Hopfully they will learn to be indifferent to each other, and live quite happily that way.....

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: A very pretty kitty!
08-11-2007, 10:10 PM   #5

Yep don't give up Maybe one day

Good luck

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-11-2007, 10:12 PM   #6

Is there anyway to segregate the porch Eileen so Onyx feels slightly safer.

But as Fran said early days and Onyx must feel much safer remember how nervous she first was you have come on one small step for some but a giant leap for woman and catkind .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
08-11-2007, 10:14 PM   #7

I'd probably just lock the door and not let her back out lol!!! Seriously though, progress is being made Eileen. Next time you go to feed Onyx, why not take a cloth out with you and rub chin with it and get her scent on it, then take it in to the house and rub it on the walls so Leia gets used to her smell! Maybe worth a try!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
08-11-2007, 10:18 PM   #8

Aww, please dont despair Eileen, Leia is so like the Diva in attitude but look at her and Bernie now Ok they aint bosom buddies but they are getting there and thats 2 years now.
Maybe you need to step up with the scenting of Onyx around the house. Is it possible to put a box with a blanket on the porch for Onyx to use?

You have come such a long way with Onyx xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-11-2007, 10:27 PM   #9

Done that, Alex. And I am scent-marked by both of them.....they do the chin-rubbing thing on me each very vigorously, as if to cover up the other's markings...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-11-2007, 10:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Done that, Alex. And I am scent-marked by both of them.....they do the chin-rubbing thing on me each very vigorously, as if to cover up the other's markings...
But they are in effect "mixing " their scents together and more importantly mixing themselves with you.