Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
05-11-2007, 09:35 AM   #1

Daily Thread / Monday (Bonfire Night)

Morning all, dry but overcast day here. The children are back at school after their half-term break. Not a lot planned but general housework which has gone to pot since the arrival of Bliss' babies! Not sure if we will get out to an organised bonfire or not tonight, will have to see how things go.

Jac - good luck with the injections today x

Hope you all have a great day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
05-11-2007, 10:14 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread / Monday (Bonfire Night)

A quiet and dull morning but still relatively warm.
Went to visit my sister's new pup yesterday, picking mum up and taking her out to lunch on the way. Pup is a little sweetie, but aren't they all?
The countryside is soooo beautiful. Still lots of leaves on the trees and the colours! Deepest burgundy to brightest gold with all shades of bronze and greens in between. A number of leaves gently falling too - lovely!
Hope everyone has a very enjoyable day - good luck Jac

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
05-11-2007, 10:40 AM   #3

Morning Fran, Morning DM, Morning all.
Dull,grey and cold here today.
Nothing much planned for today,off to the doctors again later to see if he can find my ear drum this time
hope you all have a good day

Jacs will be thinking of you today,good luck

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
05-11-2007, 10:54 AM   #4

Hugs to you Jac - hoping the injections help you out!

Dull here too. Quite cold with it, and a bit foggy. Back in the office this morning. A fair bit to get done this week both home admin and work stuff. Got to plan some presents - I intend to buy the majority online this year! Apart from Christmas, November brings my Mum's birthday, OH's birthday and OH's grandson's birthday!!! Busy time of year

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
05-11-2007, 02:27 PM   #5

we have clear skies and sunshine today!

Fireworks have been going off since 9am - just tried to take the dogs out for a walk as a whole load of them went off right behind me - sending loads of birds flying wildy right infront of me the dogs panicked and just about dislocated my arm trying to get back to the house. Poor Jack last night I was so worried he was going to have a heart attack. I truly hate this time of year

I can't get any off lead excersise for them because if they hear a firework they would just bolt.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-11-2007, 03:23 PM   #6

Afternoon all

It was very misty and overcast here earlier, the mist has cleared but the cloud remains Went into town this morning and bought a few pressies for Christmas and wrapping paper etc. More and more decorated christmas trees are appearing in the stores and the main Mall has just started their Christmas theme.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
05-11-2007, 04:14 PM   #7

Afternoon all

Cold and overcast here today brrr, even Bubbles didn't want to stay out for long. Both she and Fizz are fast asleep and snoring in the computer room - one on my hubby's computer chair and one on the spare one.

Have my Mum, Aunt and a friend from Suffolk staying with us this weekend to go to the big craft exhibition at the NEC, so the house has to be MUM clean, much work to be done lol.

Hope everyone has a safe night and all our furbabies make it through without too much bother. We found a big rocket this morning that had bounced off the car last night

I hate fireworks night

Good luck with your injection Jac!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-11-2007, 04:51 PM   #8

Afternoon, all! Lots of sun today and not quite as chilly - 13C; the big deep freeze is coming later in the week, brrr! It's too chilly for my big heat-loving wuss, Leia didn't want out on the porch this morning... Onyx's stomach is back on Standard time now; she came at the (new) usual time... Have done the daily marketing. nothing planned especially for the rest of the day.
Jac: hope the jabs help lots!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
05-11-2007, 05:07 PM   #9

Afternoon all.
Thanks for all your best wishes and thoughts.
Well the hospital visit was a nightmare!!! There I was lying on the x-ray table, top of my bum bared and the flippin x-ray machine stuck . It had to be re booted. Just my luck . The injections themselves were very sore. The doc said I will be sore for a couple of days as he's stirred things up but hey if it works it will be worth it.
Darryle is staying with me until Derek gets back home, bless him.
Not sure how long I'll be able to sit for but I'll try and stay a while even if it's poping back and forward.
Weather is very cold but no really bad for this time of year.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-11-2007, 05:26 PM   #10

Ouch, Jac! That sounds pretty painful, but worth it if it will lessen the pain! I hope you have a really soft cushion to sit on!!