Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: longhair
26-10-2007, 07:32 PM   #1

Is she coming into season?

Well -we've had Kit for about two months now and when we got her from the rescue we were told she was 13 weeks. That woould make her about five months now.
She's always had a little problem of weeing on beds but we're getting round that but for the past couple of days she's been wandering around meiowing so loudly and really sounds distressed. Could she be coming into season although I know she's a bit young....she a mix but has some obvious persian like features.
I would really appreciate your input guys....I'm taking her to the vets tomorrow but in the meantime....we're all getting a bit weary!!

Take care

Ruth

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
26-10-2007, 07:47 PM   #2

Re: Is she coming into season?

Certainly sounds like it. Has she any other signs at all? Rolling around, cleaning her lady bits more than usual, desperately trying to escape through doors, windows etc??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
26-10-2007, 07:51 PM   #3

It is possible she is coming into season. Persians tend to come into season later than other cats but as she isn't pure Persian she definitely could be. If you stroke her near her back end does she paddle her back feet? Is she more affectionate to anyone in the household? These are other signs. Don't let her out at all just to be on the safe side and make sure no other cats can get in. The vets should be able to tell for certain.

Catsey Junior

27-10-2007, 10:42 AM   #4

Hi - just tried the feet paddling thing and yes she does! Also, last night, she was crouching low to the ground with her tail to one side.....tarty madam!!!
She can be distracted from the calling if we amuse her with something though so that's one good thing. Thanks for the input guys.It will be fun and games here next week though as we're picking up an 8 week old ginger boy!...Am I mad or am I mad?!!
Ruth

Catsey Veteran

27-10-2007, 02:19 PM   #5

Definitely mad like the rest of us. Are you going to book her in to be spayed?

Catsey Junior

28-10-2007, 12:53 PM   #6

Yes!! She's going to the vets on MOnday for a check up and hopefully she'll be done next week.
She seems a bit calmer today, playing more and the awful noise has stopped. She really is a little madam though -I've had to clean the whole sofa 'cos she prefers that to her litter tray for wees!! I've got the Feliway diffuser in the living room now but probablly have to put her tray food and bed in the kitchen overnight until she cleans up her act! I'm hoping the new kitten will make all the difference but maybe it won't! Who knows with cats!!

Catsey Veteran

28-10-2007, 01:52 PM   #7

Has she always prefered the sofa or has this just happened since she has been calling? The reason I ask is a lot of females will mark like this when in call. Just a thought. Also are you using the litter she was used to before you got her? If not she may not like whatever you are using.

Catsey Junior

28-10-2007, 02:46 PM   #8

Hi Kay,
She's always prefers softer stuff for her toilet!! Although it has been much worse recently. I must contact the rescue lady and see what litter she's used to but she poos in there fine so why she's adverse to using it for both I'm not sure. I'm sure she'll settle down after she's been spayed. I can't get cross with her, she's such a character!!

Catsey Veteran

28-10-2007, 06:50 PM   #9

Things do quite often settle down after spaying so fingers crossed this is one of them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-10-2007, 09:16 PM   #10

Good luck, Ruth, let us know how she is after the op! She sounds like a real character, bless her!