Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
21-10-2007, 09:38 AM   #1

Anyone else suffer PMS/PMT

I'm getting so bad I think a visit to the doctor is needed. I'm like a Christmas card....always greeting (crying) really bad mood swings and dreadful acne. I was putting up and being quiet about it but I really think I need help now. The last couple of nights Ive woken up with my heart racing and sweating. Not a panic attack though.
Has anyone else been like this or similar? If so did the Doc help?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
21-10-2007, 09:42 AM   #2

Re: Anyone else suffer PMS/PMT

yes, it turned out they had to switch my birth control because my weight had fluctuated causing my hormones to not be so agreeable to the prescription i was already on. i also saw some info on PMDD..you may want to check it out. i would go to the doctor, hun. they can probably help..here's a link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premens...horic_disorder

Catsey Veteran

21-10-2007, 09:48 AM   #3

Thanks Tink. Yip that about sums me up. I get so angry as well! not the normal me

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
21-10-2007, 12:45 PM   #4

I know how you feel Jac, for years I had rapid mood swings, crying, angry, anxiety. I felt like I was going to explode sometimes. Anyway it turned out I had PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) and it was causing a massive hormone imbalance. It was treated with a hormone releasing coil and I haven't had any problems since.

Your doctor can do a blood test to see what your hormone levels are at and that should give them a good indication of what needs to be done.

Catsey Veteran

21-10-2007, 01:11 PM   #5

Grete I was thinking about getting an appointment tomorrow. Does it matter what time of the month you go? Just started this morning

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
21-10-2007, 02:18 PM   #6

Ive always been like that Jacs,my mom dragged me to the doctors about when Iwas 15 cause I was evil!!!!!!,they put me on the pill and its not been so bad since then.
I did come off the pill for a while when I was about 19 because I thought it was making me fat and I had to go back on after a couple of months,I was soooo horrible,pooe Ed put up with alot then,both his mom and I were due around the same time so he was stuck in the house with 2 hormonal women

Catsey Veteran

21-10-2007, 03:24 PM   #7

Well Ive got to do something thats for sure. He ignore's me and that makes me worse.

Catsey Veteran

21-10-2007, 03:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
Grete I was thinking about getting an appointment tomorrow. Does it matter what time of the month you go? Just started this morning
I don't think it does for the hormone test but it's worth getting an appointment tomorrow if you can anyway. You don't need to be feeling like this so start the process now at least and don't let the doctor fob you off, it's affecting your life negatively and not just a little.

*hugs*

Catsey Veteran

21-10-2007, 03:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
Ive always been like that Jacs,my mom dragged me to the doctors about when Iwas 15 cause I was evil!!!!!!,they put me on the pill and its not been so bad since then.
I did come off the pill for a while when I was about 19 because I thought it was making me fat and I had to go back on after a couple of months,I was soooo horrible,pooe Ed put up with alot then,both his mom and I were due around the same time so he was stuck in the house with 2 hormonal women
Interestingly, when I was 15/16 is when I started manifesting the symptoms too - have you ever been checked for PCoS or had your hormone levels checked? I didn't get diagnosed until 7 years ago (and I'm 34 now).

Catsey Veteran

21-10-2007, 03:47 PM   #10

Funny I have been researching it on line today. They say having a baby can trigger it off. Ceilidh is now 6 and I recon I have been feeling like this for about 6 years. The midwife said it was post natal depression along with recovering from my back op. Also it's more prone in "older" woman. Well I'm 46. If I type it quickly it doesnt hurt so much