Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
22-08-2007, 02:56 PM   #1

Donna....................

How are things with Chloe and Misty now???

Any accidents???

I hope things are going well for you all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
22-08-2007, 03:05 PM   #2

Re: Donna....................

Still stuck in a bad situation which I just cant get my head round how to sort out!!

Misty now uses both trays and always misses when she uses Chloe's so it goes everywhere (she doesnt know how to squat down low)!!

Chloe doesnt seem to have had further accidents so I have changed from cleaning up Chloes to cleaning up Mistys pee!!!

Tried to get Misty to go outside more to maybe remove ALL litter trays to solve the problem, but she still cant work out the cat flap so thats a no go!!! Tied open the cat flap but that just invites all the neighbourhood cats into my house so I cant do that!

Chloe seems a bit happier as there is another tray if she has to use it (although she doesnt want to now that Misty is using two trays), and she is going outside as the weather is not too wet.

She is eating a little bit more as well as I have changed their food over. And also using Rescue Remedy drops on her dinner.

If anyone has a miracle cure to the cat tray or cat flap problem then would be happy to hear it!!!

Thanks for asking Charlie!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
22-08-2007, 03:13 PM   #3

Donna, have you tried putting Misty outside just before she is due to be fed, then tap/rattle her food bowl inside and hopefully she will be hungry enough to use the flap to get back in.

I assume she has seen Chloe use the flap?

Catsey Veteran

22-08-2007, 03:18 PM   #4

I wish I did have a miracle cure Donna I was hoping that you'd have better news

At least Chloe is eating more and seems a bit happier. It's a big plus that she isn't weeing in your dining room any more too

Is there any way that you could replace the second tray for a hooded one to stop Misty making a mess? Or even add a third one, which is hooded?

I thought Misty had worked out how to use the flap? or was that just a one off!? Maybe if you push her through it both ways a few times she will get the hang of it?? (although I'm a fine one to talk when it comes to cat flaps - mine is propped open with a broom handle but then I don't have the worry of other cats coming in)

Hmmmmm - Hilary usually has some good ideas - where are you DM!?!?!?

Catsey Veteran

22-08-2007, 03:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Donna, have you tried putting Misty outside just before she is due to be fed, then tap/rattle her food bowl inside and hopefully she will be hungry enough to use the flap to get back in.

I assume she has seen Chloe use the flap?

Yes and Yes Mags!!!!!

I have tried leaving her outside for hours and hours in the hope she will get fed up and come in.

I have tried putting her outside and tempting her in with dinner.

I have tried pushing her fat butt through the hole through the flap too!!!!

She sees Chloe do it all the time but sits and just looks at the flap

She has managed to go out the flap a few times, and also uses the hooded litter tray with a flap, but she uses her paw to open the flap - this is where she goes wrong, as the magnet needs to activate the flap to open and that is on her collar

Chloe pushes the flap with her nose and pushes it at the bottom near the catch so the magnet is activated....

Help!!!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
22-08-2007, 03:23 PM   #6

Oh!..that Misty is an awkward one, isn't she!!

Catsey Veteran

22-08-2007, 03:24 PM   #7

Donna, could you take the magnet out of the cat flap??? I know that it would mean that other cats could get in, but it might solve your short term problems.

I know that they come out, as I took the magnet out of the one in my last house.

Catsey Veteran

22-08-2007, 03:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebubs
I wish I did have a miracle cure Donna I was hoping that you'd have better news

At least Chloe is eating more and seems a bit happier. It's a big plus that she isn't weeing in your dining room any more too

Is there any way that you could replace the second tray for a hooded one to stop Misty making a mess? Or even add a third one, which is hooded?

I thought Misty had worked out how to use the flap? or was that just a one off!? Maybe if you push her through it both ways a few times she will get the hang of it?? (although I'm a fine one to talk when it comes to cat flaps - mine is propped open with a broom handle but then I don't have the worry of other cats coming in)

Hmmmmm - Hilary usually has some good ideas - where are you DM!?!?!?

I think Chloe didnt like the other tray because it WAS a hooded tray. Think it contains the smell more which made it worse for her to go in. And i really dont want three litter trays!!! It is all getting a bit silly with more trays all over the place!!

She did go out the flap a few times as the magnet is only needed to get in..... she can get out, but wont go out as she knows she is then stuck outside!!

I really dont think there is a solution to my problem

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
22-08-2007, 03:26 PM   #9

Sending a big ((((((hug)))))).

My Jac does not go out at all except a quick lookie on the patio every once in a while, shes good with her tray but does sometimes miss, so I understand how frustrating this is.

I have no cat flaps, normally home with doors open, so no experience on those. x

Catsey Veteran

22-08-2007, 03:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebubs
Donna, could you take the magnet out of the cat flap??? I know that it would mean that other cats could get in, but it might solve your short term problems.

I know that they come out, as I took the magnet out of the one in my last house.

Yes, have tried that option too, as I sellotape the magnet catch down so it is immobilised. But Misty still doesnt realise she can get in and sits looking at me through the flap She really is short on brains!!!

Worry about all the other cats coming in too as there are HUNDREDS around here!