Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
17-08-2007, 08:47 PM   #1

3 month old is eating less...

my baby kitten is happy, playful and appears very healthy...but lately her appetite has decreased dramatically...she gets both wet and dry and still nibbles on both but i'd say she eats about half what she used to this last week...no other signs of illness....i even give her a variety of types of food so it won't get boring...is this just a sign of getting older and is she just following her instinct to eat only as much as she needs?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
18-08-2007, 09:14 AM   #2

Re: 3 month old is eating less...

Hopefully. She was very little when you got her, and possibly a litle malnourished? Maybe she is just in balance now? As long as she is active and continues to put on weight she should be OK

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Orange Tabby
18-08-2007, 10:40 PM   #3

I think it might be best to call your veternarian and ask what he or she thinks is reason, just to make sure she is okay because it might ease your mind to hear she is okay.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
19-08-2007, 03:23 AM   #4

true..sorry, i forgot to mention that she had an appt. last wednesday for vax and vet said she looked great and weighed in at 3 lbs. which i guess is normal for 3 months old?