Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
13-08-2007, 09:07 AM   #1

Insurance (again)

Have just had the renewal notice for Dinah's insurance with PetPlan. They want £21+ per month (up from £17+)
I've used the link Kim gave us (thanks Kim), and found that I can insure Dinah and both cats for just over £18pm. It's very much insurance rather than a health care plan, if that makes sense. I've opted for excesses of over £100 for all but there is a £6000 pa per animal limit, and no 12 month limit.
I deliberatley chose PetPlan initially, just in case Dinah should turn out to have some awful disease or condition, which would need life long treatment but I've not made a claim in 3 years, so I think it's as safe as it can be that she's not going to develop anything.
I know it's all a judgement call but I'm quite pleased to have included the cats now and still be paying less than before.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
13-08-2007, 09:29 AM   #2

Re: Insurance (again)

Yes, I'm dreading my cats renewal, especially Porsha's but obviously I will have to stick with Petplan for her and I've not long taken out Morse's insurance with Petplan

What link did you use DM, I must have missed that or had a sleep since it was posted I'd be interested to see if I can get the insurance cheaper for similar cover. Even though I get a multi cat discount and a breders discount, I still reckon I could insure them all for less

Are your new policies cover for life???
Fran x

Catsey Veteran

13-08-2007, 09:38 AM   #3

Yes - life cover Fran. That was one thing it had to offer. I'm not terribly bothered about recouping £15 after paying the excess for a cut foot etc - want them covered for emergency surgery, accidents, major conditions etc.
Here's the link http://www.compare-pet-insurance.com/pet/index.php
I'd hoped it would actually let you input details and get all the results but no - you have to input into each supplier separately.
Don't bother with Churchill - if you have had any vet visit other than vaxx/neuter in the last 3 years you have to phone
Obviously you'll stay with PP for Porsha - but maybe you will feel confident that she's over it 2 or 3 years down the line? Like me with Dinah - happy to pay PP until I knew she was a generally fit little body
Will be interested to see if it works for you - set aside a quiet hour to do it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
13-08-2007, 09:46 AM   #4

Thanks DM, I'll have a look at that this afternoon, there's only Porsha that has ever been to the vets for anything. So the quotes should be very straight forward, I'd like to think

I'll get myself a cuppa and a comfy chair this afternoon and see what it comes up with

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
13-08-2007, 02:05 PM   #5

I'm sticking with my recommendation of AXA insurance - £7,000 vets fees cover and includes the complementary stuff like homeopothy and behaviourists If you're into that kind of thing, like me!!!

Catsey Veteran

13-08-2007, 02:10 PM   #6

Didn't look at AXA - I will do before I sign up for the £6k one.
Thanks CB

Catsey Veteran

13-08-2007, 02:31 PM   #7

You're right Charlie
£17.50 pm for all three, £7000 max per animal per year and aditional 'extras' too. Plus a lower excess.
'Rah for AXA

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
13-08-2007, 02:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
You're right Charlie
£17.50 pm for all three, £7000 max per animal per year and aditional 'extras' too. Plus a lower excess.
'Rah for AXA
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!

You never know when you might need a cat shrink so it's good that they cover that in their policies

Catsey Veteran

13-08-2007, 02:40 PM   #9

Living here, it's quite likely the poor creatures will need a psychiatrist