Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
06-08-2007, 09:48 PM   #1

Vomiting now?

So part of my exhausting day involved finding vomit all my bathroom floor when i went in to let the kittens out a while ago. there was literally four pools of it, you could tell towards the end it was just brown water coming up.

for those that dont know my kittens have been having belly problems since i got them-this is their other thread:

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=22693

im pretty sure it is Rhino that is vomiting because he was a little quieter when they were let out where as Hernie was being a nutter. Hernie's bowels also seem to be doing much better and he appears to now be doing mostly solid stools where as Rhinos are getting softer and he has had proper runs a couple of times since my last post.

i have kept them solely on the burns food now and they never get chance to get at anything other then the dry food. both have been wormed and are due again this weekend i believe.

i will definately be getting him to the vets tomorrow but wondered if anyone has any ideas at all what could be causing this? could it still be the food after him being on it for so long? are there any other causes of diarrhoea in kittens? both are still absolutely fine in themselves this just has me so confused and obviously worried. any advice or info is greatly appreciated.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
06-08-2007, 09:55 PM   #2

Re: Vomiting now?

I'm sorry, I have nothing to suggest, I hope someone with more experience can help. I hope the vet has some answers for you tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
06-08-2007, 11:00 PM   #3

There are lots of causes of diarrhoea in cats. I think a vet visit is the way to go since it has gone on for so long now and possible stool samples...let us know how you get on x

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: all types
07-08-2007, 05:06 PM   #4

im sorry i cant help you but i hope someone can

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-08-2007, 05:27 PM   #5

Do they have milk at all? I know lots of cats cannot tolerate milk/dairy products my Cleo couldn't and was always sickI can't recall how badly though as a kitten before I realised..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
07-08-2007, 05:34 PM   #6

Sorry i cant help you. I hope they get better soon please let us know how you get on at the vets.

jane

Catsey Veteran

07-08-2007, 05:51 PM   #7

Which vets do you use?

Catsey Senior

08-08-2007, 12:03 PM   #8

Well i couldnt get him in yesterday so have an appointment for this afternoon, but im not sure whether to bring him now because the good news is that the little fella is now passing solid stools-not even soft ones! so maybe that problem has finally resolved itself

as for the vomiting, i wondered whether this could be due to eating too fast? i have seen him really wolf his food down and didnt know if this could be the cause of it.

i think i might cancel tonights appointment and make one for tomorrow afternoon instead to give him another day to see how he goes.

oh and he doesnt have milk of any kind. he literally only has his dry food, because of how their bellies have been i have been too scared to even give them wet food bless them.

Kazz: i mostly use Ashwood vets in four oaks, but i used the pet vaccination clinic to get their vaccs and my older boys neutered/chipped. i have used the vet clinic in erdington too but i really didnt like them so stopped going-the last time i went with my older boys the vet didnt even want to touch them

Catsey Veteran

08-08-2007, 07:16 PM   #9

I was going to say is that the one by the Pype Hayes park? Not sure which bit of Erdington you are in but I would recommend my vets highly, if you are interested I could PM you the name, not saying they are the cheapest but I have alway found them reasonable and as they run a Sunday surgery to it can help ratehr than out of hours appontments. They work only on appointments and I have never wanted an appointment and not been able to get one. And when there never waited more than minutes to see the vet.

Hope all goes well for them and he is on the mend. But if I were you a suggestion before he gets older may beworth insuring him ashaving a dodgytummy now may be a sign of thingsto come? hopefully not but well worth I think insuring kittens/pups until they reach year or two till you know how healthy they are.

karn

Catsey Senior

08-08-2007, 08:32 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
I was going to say is that the one by the Pype Hayes park? Not sure which bit of Erdington you are in but I would recommend my vets highly, if you are interested I could PM you the name, not saying they are the cheapest but I have alway found them reasonable and as they run a Sunday surgery to it can help ratehr than out of hours appontments. They work only on appointments and I have never wanted an appointment and not been able to get one. And when there never waited more than minutes to see the vet.

Hope all goes well for them and he is on the mend. But if I were you a suggestion before he gets older may beworth insuring him ashaving a dodgytummy now may be a sign of thingsto come? hopefully not but well worth I think insuring kittens/pups until they reach year or two till you know how healthy they are.

karn
Thankyou for the recommendation Kazz, i think the vets you are talking about are kirby, cook and pegg? i had a very bad experience there once with some of my rodents and an appalling vet. this was years ago and although im sure they are brilliant with other animals i cant bring myself to go back to them. ashwood that i use the most are actually quite good, though they are expensive which is why im getting all my routine stuff at the pet vaccination clinic-nearly fell over when they gave me the bill for two castrations and microchipping, it wouldnt even have covered one neuter at my normal vets i would highly recommend them to anyone as my boys have recovered so well from their neutering, after all my worrying!

as for insurance, i was given 6 weeks free on pet plan when i got them vaccinated the other week and was planning on getting them covered by marks and spencers starting this month until i read someone elses thread on here about their prices going up and discovered they have indeed! so will be shopping around to still have them covered, can never be too careful!

he hasnt vomited or had the runs at all now since i started this thread(typical really!) so fingers crossed it has cleared up but il definately be keeping a close eye on him(and the litter tray )