Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
11-07-2007, 07:54 AM   #1

Daily Thread / Wednesday

Morning all, very bright, warm day already here Em has gone off to High School for the day, it's their taster/induction day ready for when they go up there in September. Not much planned here today. This evening Martyn and I have to go to the High school for a sort of parent's welcome. evening

Hope you all have a great day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
11-07-2007, 08:40 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread / Wednesday

Sunshine! Amazing. But another monsoon forecast for tomorrow.
Did anyone else hear an article on the radio last week, saying that the UK is under the influence of a reverse El Nino, and that we are likely to have this anticyclonic weather system for the next 12 months . Dull, damp weather, interspersed with the odd one or two pleasant days. Eek! Food is likely to increase in price quite substantially.
My first 'normal' day at home for a fortnight, so i guess I will be doing 'normal', uninteresting things.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-07-2007, 10:18 AM   #3

Yes, DM I read the article in a paper last week. Ite mentioned Il Nina (as you say, the oposite of El Nino), and the report I read said that this could affect the weather for the next few years, much like during 1984 to 1987, much cloud, some sun, but finishing with wild weather such as the 1987 storms

In the office today; finishing early as Dominik stops school at lunchtime today as it's the last day for him. Start of a month's worth of holiday care tomorrow which I know he loves! OH is also taking the afternoon off and we will be taking Domi to see Shrek III, his first visit to the cinema

We are both VERY disappointed with the new au pair . . . all she does is sit on her butt, doesn't clean or tidy up, even after herself! She's very apathetic with Sebastian and all she talks about is what she will be doing at the weekend. I'm going to speak to the day nursery to see if they can take him this month rather than waiting until September.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
11-07-2007, 12:14 PM   #4

Afternoon all
Nothing much on the go for today. Finally got caught up with the ironing. What for/ Just to do more washing .
Weather's really good here today and have been out playing with Ceilidh.

Yola sorry things arn't as good with this girl.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-07-2007, 04:43 PM   #5

Interesting about La Nina...hadn't seen anything in the papers about it here, but it might explain our weird weather! Torrential rains and flooding in Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas, horiffic heat in the midwest and drouth here in the Southern states. And of course it will affect the crops and the price of food will go higher...
Sunny and warm again with a 60% change of t'storms again this afternoon. Did my market run and am working on a plan to foil the squirrels away from my tomatoes! The squirrel repellant I bought has to be returned....unfortunately in the list of critters that it repels was ...cats!!!! Can't have that with Onyx!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: all types
11-07-2007, 04:44 PM   #6

afternoon all very sunny here today have not done anything but go up to my new school for september

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
11-07-2007, 06:35 PM   #7

Evening all! Been a cloudy day here but no rain thank Heavens! Not done much, just enjoyed having my hubby back (ROTFLMAO!!!), nah I did miss the grumpy git! lol! Sorry to hear things aren't too good with the au pair Yola, hopefully the situation will improve. Also sorry to hear you have to send your repellent back Eileen, you would think they would make that clear on their site!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-07-2007, 09:09 PM   #8

You would think so, wouldn't you! No way I want to make Onyx unwelcome!