Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
26-06-2007, 06:24 AM   #1

Daily Thread/Tuesday

Morning all,
The sun is actually out at the moment but there is also a really nasty big back cloud so somthing tells me the sun will not be hanging around for long oh well only 12 more sleeps untill I get to see some real sun!!!!
Up bright and early this morning,I was in bed for 8 last night,I was sooooo tired.Just getting the dogs ready for there morning walk.
Nothing much planned for today,I must catch up on some house work and get those pics of the kittens on I promised a few days ago .
Hope yo all have a nice day and have some nicer weather than yesterday

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
26-06-2007, 07:26 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread/Tuesday

Morning everyone,
After the school run I have to see about getting an appointment for the doc. Just to renew my meds.
Picking up Mum today and bringing her here for a bit. Darryle is going to pop over for a wee visit as well. Then its get Ceilidh ready for karate (she really seem's to be enjoying it). Yesterday I managed to book her in for gymnastic lessons starting in August and swimming lessons over the hols. I didn't tell her as it would have been a countdown to thoes as well.
Seem's to be brighter here today so far, only been up half an hour so plenty time for change

Fran I hope you get some kind of satisfaction today either from the school or the papers. Has Tom's friend been found?

Hope you all have a good day.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: all types
26-06-2007, 07:56 AM   #3

morning all the sun is shining here this morning but it might not last the whole day got art club later on so have a good day all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
26-06-2007, 08:14 AM   #4

Morning all, and for once it isn't raining!!! very cloudy but dry for the moment. It is so nice to hear the silence, if you know what I mean! Nothing planned for today, just some housework to catch up on (again lol). Hope you all have a good day, and a dry one at that!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Mogs/Siamese/Orientals
Tom is Male
26-06-2007, 08:23 AM   #5

Morning everyone... Just got out to go for the school bus (GRRRR) and then i got a text to say school is closed!!!! WOOOP... So just listening to radio Sheffield now!

I'm not sure who it was exactly that went missing..

Have a good day everyone!! x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
26-06-2007, 09:25 AM   #6

Feeling so sorry for all the people affected by floods. Could hardly believe what i was seeing on TV last night. Half a years 'ration' of rain in 12 hours! No wonder it flooded - don't think it's possible to create an infrastructure to cope with that. I suppose the death toll of 3 is mercifully small, though each is an individual tragedy. The two young people - the boy in Sheffield and the poor young man with his foot stuck in a drain as the water rose ...... well, Edgar Allen Poe couldn't come up with anything more horrific.
The news has tended to concentrate on Yorkshire but I know other areas, even Devon, have been hit too.

I have a dentist appointment following that abscess incident recently. Have a horrible feeling I may have to have the joy of a root filling.
Yola - hope you're feeling much better after some restorative sleep.
Fran - and Tom and Em - have a quiet day, recovering from the last few. Don't waste your energy being cross with school yet - sort it out in the calm in a few days time. No-one is at their best now.

I sincerely hope everyone has a calm, peaceful, day. Take care.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
26-06-2007, 10:09 AM   #7

Morning all, the sun is actually out here!! How long it will last is anyones guess Both children off school today. Tom's school is closed and since Em was sent home unwell yesterday, I decided I may as well keep her at home today. I haven't taken issue yet with either the School (although I did phone school last night but there was no one in authority able to speak to me only the reception team) or the bus company. I've decided to sit on things a bit. By all accounts, they have already been bombarded with complaints so I guess mine will just be another one for the record really. We are still not sure who the missing child is and if indeed he/she has been found.
Not much happening today. I have to get out at some point for cat food and litter but it's a case of not travelling unless you have to here so we shall see how the day goes

Hope you all have a lovely day, keep safe anyone who has been affected by the floods...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
26-06-2007, 11:53 AM   #8

Here I am back from the dentist. I did have a root filling but it was all quite painless - hopefully it stays that way as the local anaesthetic wears off. I do have the 'Dudley Moore' dribble though - remember that from the film '10'?
Glad things are a little calmer Fran. Maybe it will be a good thing in the end for Em to take some enforced rest - concussion is a strange thing

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
26-06-2007, 04:08 PM   #9

Afternoon all ..........I hope the weather is a lot calmer wherever you are. We are fortunate it is a lovely sunny day here...

Have been into town this morning having a browse around and buying a few odds and ends...

Fran
~ I hope the flood waters are starting to subside and the children are no worse from their experience.

DM
~ glad all went well at the dentist...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-06-2007, 04:38 PM   #10

Wishing a dry and safe day to all! Sunny and quite warm here, 29C before lunch; going to be a warm one! We could use some rain here, but not the torrential ones you had...just glad that all are safe and no property damage! No particular plans for today other than watering all the plants! Have a nice afternoon...DM: are your tomatoes coloring yet? Mine aren't!