Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Black Moggie
andrew021 is Male
06-06-2007, 03:48 PM   #1

Jet will not come in

Now the good weather is here Jet gets out in the morning at 7.30, I call her at 8.15 to come in but there is no sign of her.

Yesterday morning she came dandering back at 9.15 and kept me late for work. This morning the same thing but I left housekeys with a neighbour to let her in, neighbour txt to say she eventually turned up at 10.00.

Its very unlike her as she loves her food in the mornings. Maybe she has found someone else to feed her but I think she goes into neighbours gardens where there are birds being fed.

In the evenings she dosent venture too far and there is never a problem getting her in.

Dont want to leave her out all day when at work but now it seems to be the only option, dont want a cat flap.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
06-06-2007, 03:56 PM   #2

Re: Jet will not come in

mmm, it is a problem on these beautiful long days, complete with hunting opportunities
Are you a good sleeper/do you find it easy to drop back off? If so I'd suggest setting your alarm for 5am, letting Jet out then and then going straight back to complete your sleep ... or take a cup of tea back to bed and just enjoy relaxing without actually sleeping.
That way she should be good and hungry and ready to come in for breakfast at 8am.
Our summer is precious and short - seems a shame not to let Jet enjoy it as best she can

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-06-2007, 04:29 PM   #3

DM's suggestion sounds worth trying! I'd worry at her being outside all day.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
06-06-2007, 05:14 PM   #4

Sounds like a good idea to me as well.

Another suggestion, how would your neighbour feel about letting her back in, in the mornings? Would you be happy about that? Only problem there is being dependant on someone else.
Or how about feeding her earlier at night. Then she would be really hungry for breakfast. There again could work the opposite, she would go hunting.
Last option I can think of is fitting a cat flap. Sorry no other suggestions.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
06-06-2007, 05:25 PM   #5

DM is right, cats so love the summer and it's so short it's a shame to not let them enjoy it whilst it's here. Why wouldn't you have a cat flap? At least that way you could lock it so that Jet could get in but not back out again??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
06-06-2007, 06:33 PM   #6

Mine are in and out like yo yo's at the mo, last night, Mau Mau and Domino stayed out all night, one night last week all 6 stayed out only Jac in.

Its all this lovely weather, they love it outside x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-06-2007, 07:49 PM   #7

Are you uneasy at letting her out all day because of dangerous road traffic and/or unsupervised roaming dogs?

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: all types
06-06-2007, 09:21 PM   #8

when it is lovely weather they love it outside probably sunbathing somewhere or asleep under a tree

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
06-06-2007, 10:08 PM   #9

I'm not sure why you don't want a cat flap. Unless Jet has been kept as an indoors only cat, she's going to want to explore a bit and enjoy the outside when she can. Are you concerned about other cats getting in via a flap? Some cat flaps operate by a device in the cat's collar and only allow your own cat in and out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
06-06-2007, 10:18 PM   #10

How about a cat flap into a shed or porch if you do not want one with access directly into the house.