Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
15-05-2007, 12:05 AM   #1

Bad day, really upset.

I've just had the day from hell today I think. I had an argument last night with my b/f, anyway I went to bed and didn't think that much of it, it wasn't THAT big a deal (so I thought) but said dissagrement has panned out the rest of today.

Then the ill bird that I found on the road (trying to do right by before it got ran over), gets caught (whilst in a cage) but one of the cats while i'm out getting it seed. So now it's looking very bleak for the poor thing, and as if I don't feel crappy enough, loving guy that he is has just kicked off at me saying i'm the most irresponsible pet owner ever and now the poor bird is dying a slow and painful death because of me, and then started going on about the cats having kittens when they are only kittens themselves (they are both over a year old), and generally making me feel 100% useless.

I love my animals and I do the very best I can for them, is that not all any of us can do? I may not be perfect but he's talking like I shouldn't be allowed near animals, it's just made me really really sad, i'm in tears writing this and I don't have anyone else to talk to at the moment so i'm sorry you guys are getting the brunt of it all. I don't normally rant like this but it's just been a really hard day.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Domestic Shorthairs & Longhair
15-05-2007, 12:10 AM   #2

Re: Bad day, really upset.

Oh hun I'm so sorry you've had a bad day today

It is not your fault about the bird getting caught, you wern't there so how could it be?! You can't watch them every second of every day and unfortunately these things happen.

Sending you lots and lots of ((( hugs ))) really hope you feel better soon xxxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
15-05-2007, 12:12 AM   #3

awwww kel,you did your best for that bird,alot of people would have just left it in the road,that certainly doesnt make you an irresponsible pet owner.
Everybody knows how much your animals mean to you.
((((((HUGS))))))

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
15-05-2007, 12:14 AM   #4

((((((((hugs)))))))))

you need to go and have a nice hot bath and go to sleep and everything will be better in the morning. You were just trying your best for the bird - many people would have just walked away but you cared enough to take it in. That shows great qualities.

Sometimes we say things in the heat of the moment and hurt those we love - but we don't always mean it.

Hope you feel a bit better in the morning

((((((hugs)))))))

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-05-2007, 12:15 AM   #5

Aww don't upset yourself Random, we all know how much you love your animals.

Try to get a good night's sleep and things will probably be better tomorrow ......
((((hugs)))) xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
15-05-2007, 12:20 AM   #6

These silly arguments have a way of dragging on - try to have a good nights sleep then look at it again in the light of day.
Karen

Catsey Veteran

15-05-2007, 12:22 AM   #7

Thanx guys, i'd do anything for my pets, he knows this, I think it just hurt me that someone I love so much can be so bitter and hurtful when I just needed a bit of support from him.

Sorry for ranting anyway, I think i'd better have an early night.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
15-05-2007, 12:23 AM   #8

Sleep well kel (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
15-05-2007, 12:25 AM   #9

When you are arguing with those you love you go for the under belly the thing that you know will hurt them the most...with you the animals.....Have a good nights sleep.

Catsey Veteran

15-05-2007, 12:28 AM   #10

Thanx everyone, I really appreciate it. x