Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Domestic short hair
01-05-2007, 10:41 PM   #1

White persian being neglected UPDATE

Firstly, I apologise to you all about the time its taken me to get back to you on this poor little girl. I have been waiting for an update, constantly waiting the the RSPCA to ring me back. Tonight I received a phone call from the Cat Protection League in Brosley, Telford.

I had previously had an email from the owner, saying that she had had her put to sleep because the vet told her she had cancer.

WRONG! This was a lie.

The CPL found out for me that the officer that went around to investigate, took the cat away immediately. He asked the owner a number of questions, and it turns out that she told ME and THEM a total pack of lies.

The officer said that he asked the owner if she fed the cat, she replied yes, he said "well show me". She took some chicken out of the fridge and the cat nearly bit her hand off!! He then asked if the cat had seen a vet and which one. The owner told him, and he told her she was lying because she was not registered with the vet she mentioned as he had checked (going on the info I had given them before the visit)

The cat was taken to the vet I use, she was placed on a drip for 2 days, they didnt take blood tests because she was too weak. After 2 days the vet decided she was too far gone and had made no improvement, and sadly she was put to sleep.

Its a very sad end to this story, this sweet, pretty little girl must have suffered for months in that state. they never even gave her a name! She is in spirit now and at peace. I will plant something nice in my garden in rememberence to her. I have no photograph of this poor little girl, but I will never forget that weightless body and those large round hazel eyes, that said simply "HELP".

The RSPCA also have had complaints about the owner before, but they felt that they would monitor her, and not prossecute her!!! The owner wants stringing up!

Please say a prayer for this little girl.

"Little angel, Rest In Peace."

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-05-2007, 10:52 PM   #2

Re: White persian being neglected UPDATE

How very sad Thank you for trying to help this little girl anyway....

RIP...... sweet girl xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
01-05-2007, 10:53 PM   #3

So sad, thanks to you she is no longer suffering and is at peace....
Rip....xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
01-05-2007, 11:00 PM   #4

RIP Little One x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-05-2007, 11:04 PM   #5

I think you have named her in your last sentence "Little angel, Rest In Peace." Angel is a lovely name and one that it seems suits her by the sounds of her nature.
Your intervention prevented her being in more distress you should be proud of yourself for standing up and doing something.

So Angel RIP

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Domestic short hair
01-05-2007, 11:12 PM   #6

Thank You Kazz, I just wish i could have said "sorry" and "goodbye" to her before she left this world, even though I never knew her. Im glad she is not suffering, apparently the vet said she was quite old, perhaps even 18, but we will never know, i just hope that somewhere in her life, some of it was good, because the owner told me she had not had her long, but then again, she is a liar.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-05-2007, 11:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmadjax
Thank You Kazz, I just wish i could have said "sorry" and "goodbye" to her before she left this world, even though I never knew her. Im glad she is not suffering, apparently the vet said she was quite old, perhaps even 18, but we will never know, i just hope that somewhere in her life, some of it was good, because the owner told me she had not had her long, but then again, she is a liar.

I am sure she was loved, very loved and you gave her a graceful exit from this world.
Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
02-05-2007, 05:34 AM   #8

Oh this is so sad Well done for caring x

RIP little one x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
02-05-2007, 08:23 AM   #9

That has brought tears to my eyes Jackie. Massive well done to you for bringing an end to little Angels suffering. I know it's not the ending you hoped for, but at least she is at peace now and not suffering any longer ((hugs))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-05-2007, 09:34 AM   #10

In tears again here too. I'm sorry this story has such a sad ending and the cruelty of people shocks, angers and deeply saddens me.

At least the darling little thing is out of pain now.