Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
28-04-2007, 07:23 PM   #1

I wasnt going to tell

But my darling Blue is going blind in one eye.
I had him to the Vet on Friday (I got a reprieve from the twins) and he confirmed it.
He has also wet the kitchen floor two days running.
The Vet wants to do a brain scan. I dont want him to do it. I guess I'm too afraid of what it might reveal after what he said (consistant with a tummer) Oh God what do I do? Blue is only four and a half years old.
The Vet also said that it's consistant with his back end going every now and again.
I'm really at my wits end, I love him so much

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
28-04-2007, 07:27 PM   #2

Re: I wasnt going to tell

I am so very sorry to read that Jac. xxx Poor Blue xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
28-04-2007, 07:29 PM   #3

So sorry to read this Jac, but if you do go with a scan at least you will know what you are up against.

Has the vet mentioned any treatment if it is a tumour?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
28-04-2007, 07:30 PM   #4

Jac, I am so sorry to read this! ((((((hugs))))))). I think you need to have the scan done hun!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
28-04-2007, 07:34 PM   #5

jac im so sorry to read this,poor blue ,i really think you should get the scan done

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-04-2007, 07:34 PM   #6

Jac although you may not realise it, being so upset but you have answered your own question - with your last sentence... I'm really at my wits end, I love him so much....therefore you know the only thing to do is to have the scan and take it from there.

Catsey Veteran

28-04-2007, 07:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Jac, I am so sorry to read this! ((((((hugs))))))). I think you need to have the scan done hun!
I know, I do, but I'm afraid. I know it may sound stupid but he's like part of me. When I'm bad he knows and never leaves my side, when I'm good he acts up wanting to play all the time. He's just special. He accepts everyone and everything.
In a way I dont want to know. Yet I do. Does that make sence?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
28-04-2007, 07:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
I know, I do, but I'm afraid. I know it may sound stupid but he's like part of me. When I'm bad he knows and never leaves my side, when I'm good he acts up wanting to play all the time. He's just special. He accepts everyone and everything.
In a way I dont want to know. Yet I do. Does that make sence?
it makes perfect sence jac and its only natural that you should be feeling like that.did the vet mention about any treatment at all?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
28-04-2007, 07:45 PM   #9

Of course it makes sense Jac! But at the moment you're in denial mode. In a couple of days when you can thinks straight, you'll realise that having the scan done is the only way to go, then you can find out what you are facing and get started on any treatment needed. Just now you're hoping that if you ignore it, then it's not real!!! Sending lots of love! xx

Catsey Veteran

28-04-2007, 07:48 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
it makes perfect sence jac and its only natural that you should be feeling like that.did the vet mention about any treatment at all?
No he didn't, I did ask but he said untill we had a scan, he wouldn'd commit (sp) himself.
I was to think about it and phone him on Monday with what I wanted to do. The only way to scan him is under anistetic, being a boxer that holds worries too.

I know he will get it done, I love him too much not to. God I dont know where my heads at. Sorry girls.