Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggy
28-04-2007, 06:13 PM   #1

Advice on new kitten needed please

Hey everyone hope your all ok, i have a bit of a dilema, i aquired a new kitten today, but ebony is not taking to kindly to him, she has hissed and spit and even growled a the wee little mite and attacked me as well, now i have kitty in a cage but ebony will not come out from under the bed what shall i do. oh yes will post some pics tomorrow.

thanks for any advice in advance, oh yes ebony is not a very socialable at all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
28-04-2007, 06:54 PM   #2

Re: Advice on new kitten needed please

If she's generally not sociable with other cats, then maybe getting another one was not the right thing to do?

However - most cats get upset at the thought of a new family member & hopefully they will be friends soon.
A cage is a good way to introduce them, it allows them to see each other, but the baby will feel safe too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
28-04-2007, 07:04 PM   #3

they should get there eventually. take a towel and rub it over the kitten, then do the same to ebony (with the same towel), do this a few times to get their scent on each other.I did this with Broxi when I first got Cooper, worked a treat! then leave the towel with ebony to sniff! good luck!

Catsey Junior

28-04-2007, 07:06 PM   #4

Thanks smudgly, the thing with ebony she was taken away from her mum to soon the vet thought she was only 4-5 weeks old when we got her so she never learnt how to interact, she does want to meet people but she does not seem to have the confidence and she has never even met another animal. I am hoping that in time they will become friends because i belive ebony will benifit from it.xxxxx

Catsey Junior

28-04-2007, 07:16 PM   #5

well just done the towel thing so fingers crossed for that.xxxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
28-04-2007, 07:17 PM   #6

I'm sure they will be ok, it does take time though. No cat wants to hurt a baby.. it's just difficult for them to accept a new family member at first.

Tell us about your new baby?

Catsey Junior

28-04-2007, 07:26 PM   #7

Ahh well he's name is Geoge, he's a tabby and very lively, he's 8 weeks old been microchipped by the pet shop been wormed and de-fleed i will post some pics as soon as i upload them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
29-04-2007, 12:28 PM   #8

I'm sure they'll sort themselves out in no time. It'll be a bit of a shock for Ebony for a little while and the kitten will need a day or two to come round!

Catsey Junior

29-04-2007, 04:08 PM   #9

Hey every one, well things have taken a turn for the worse, littel kitty loves running around and ebony will not have any of it, so far ebony has pooed on my bed, on the sofa even on the breakfast bar. Ebony has also been so agrresive its unbelivable, ebony has also bitten me and bruised my hand quite badly, its not her fault though she just will not tolorate the baby, infact i'm sure she was going to kill him, so now little kitty has moved in with my inlaws who fell in love with him the moment they saw him so he will now have his forever home . I geuss i have learnt a vaulable lesson dont mess with ebony. I just feel terrible about the whole thing i honestly thought ebony would be ok.

Heres some pics of baby.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
29-04-2007, 04:13 PM   #10

aww, he's lovely! I'm sorry to hear that he wasn't able to stay. I'm sure ebony would have come round in time, but i bet he'll be very happy where he has gone too!