Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Ragdoll x
26-03-2007, 08:12 PM   #1

What to do...

We sadly had to rehome one of our dogs last wek due to fighting between my 2 bitches.Unfortunately the one that was rehomes was Jaffas best friend.They played together constantly.
Jaf seems at a bit of a loss now ....we are hoping to get a new puppy later this year(at least 5 months!) but was thinking about getting another young cat for Jaffa to play with.OH not keen to say the least but should I keep nagging for Jaffas sake or will he soon settle down

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
26-03-2007, 08:25 PM   #2

Re: What to do...

Thhese questions are always difficult - not knowing all the details, dynamics etc.
I suspect Jaffa is young enough to adapt. Will he play with the other dog? If not, I'm sure he'll have fun with a puppy!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-03-2007, 09:33 PM   #3

I think I agree with DM. But hard to know without being there, but think I would leave him be its bound to be unsettling for all concerned not least you, somaybe he's picking up on that too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
26-03-2007, 09:39 PM   #4

Difficult situation Both you and your other half need to be fully 100% behind getting another pet whether it be a puppy or a kitten. Good luck with whatever you decide to do and I hope that Jaffa is happy again soon...

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
01-04-2007, 11:43 AM   #5

Sorry to hear that you had to rehome one of your dogs,, Poor Jaffa Maybe it would be best though to wait before deciding on a new pet and let Jaffa get over his loss of his buddy...

hope you make the right choice and that Jaffa perks up soon xxx