Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-03-2007, 09:02 PM   #1

A question

If you could go back in time to any century/year/event where/when would it be.
Does not have to be to live but can be or can be just to visit. Like an observer.

Would be be VE day. Signing of the Magna Carta, Viking raids, the twenties and the flappers. The roaring Sixties, the time of ElizabethI.To see the rise or fall of the Roman empire? The launching of the Titanic. To see Shakespeare put on his own plays.
To see Elvis Presley live? Where when and why>?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
18-03-2007, 09:17 PM   #2

Re: A question

oooooh, that's a hard one Kazz!! There are so many things I would love to have witnessed, most of them you've just mentioned above (and the thought of seeing Elvis live, swoon). If pressed I would probably have to say VE day! I've heard so many stories about it from my Gran, the celebrations, people dancing in the streets, the sheer joy of knowing the war was over!! it must have been amazing to be part of such a thing.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
18-03-2007, 09:26 PM   #3

Kazz is off again folks.......... thinking caps on!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
18-03-2007, 09:44 PM   #4

Does it have to be a significant historic event??

If not, then I would like to go back in time to my parents' wedding as a spectator. They aren't together any more and I'd love to see how much in love they once were. A bit soppy, but that's what I'd choose!!

If it has to be historic, then I would go back to medieval (spl !) times and watch the Knights jousting. That would be cool!!!